Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions 2. Write a shell script that produces some summary information of the system at a particular moment Post 302522510 by jsk319342 on Sunday 15th of May 2011 04:04:15 PM
Old 05-15-2011
Thanks so much it definately more clear!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Summary Tools

Are there any system sumary tools for Linux? What are some good ones for Solaris and HP-Ux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vader
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Summary file containg information

Folks, I have multiple files in a folder containing some information (there is around 100 of them). What I would like to do would be able to import some of the information into a summary text file so that it will be easier to read a glance. The name of the files all start with the naming... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell script to login to a system which is interactive.

Can anybody help me to write a shell script to login interactive system once u open a connection using telnet it will ask for USERCODE: PASSWORD: DOMAIN: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a script to extract information from a db

Hi I need to put together a script that will search certain tables in a db and send that data to a csv file. Basically I am importing data to a db and I want to write a script to check that all information was imported correctly. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -n1 -r -p "Press..." key / produces error in bash shell script

Hello! Sorry, for my not so perfect english! I want to stop bash shell script execution until any key is pressed. This line in a bash shell script read -n1 -r -p "Press any key to continue..." key produces this error When I run this from the command line usera@lynx:~$ read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxinho
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Write shell script using menu-driven approach to show various system

QUESTION: Write shell script using menu-driven approach to show various system configuration like 1) Currently logged user and his logname 2) Your current shell 3) Your home directory 4) Your current path setting 5) Your current working directory 6) Show Currently logged number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bboyjervis
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

OS 10 lässt sich nicht mehr installieren...ubuntu läuft als system im moment....hilfe!

hello, I have installed on my MacBookPro Ubuntu via Boot Camp, but bootcamp has deletet that MacOS partion and created just one new and installed ubuntu. Now I can not install MacOS 10 from the DVD, the gray screen comes when I use the "C" key during the boot process. it starts booting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingwio
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to compare two directories and produces the output

Hi, I am using solaris OS 10 and Bash shell.I need a script which will compare the two directories and produces the output. Step 1: In detail say suppoose I have machine one and have a directory dir1. Script should iterate through the directories and subdirectories inside and produce the output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies
MKCOVER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MKCOVER(8)

NAME
mkcover - HylaFAX continuation cover page generation command SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/mkcover qfile template result DESCRIPTION
bin/mkcover is the command invoked by the facsimile server when a continuation cover page is required for an outbound job that is about to be retried. It generates a single POSTSCRIPT(R) page that is imaged according to the remote capabilities and transmitted as the cover page. The arguments are: qfile the job description file for the outbound job. template the cover page template file, as used by the faxcover(1) program. result the filename where the resultant POSTSCRIPT document should be written. The default mkcover command is a shell script that uses awk(1) to parse the job description file and generate the cover page document. The template file may be optionally compressed with compress(1), pack(1), or gzip(1); the filename suffix is used to decide whether or not the template file contains compressed data. SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-config(5), sendq(5) June 20, 1994 MKCOVER(8)