Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: result in variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting result in variable Post 302522508 by vgersh99 on Sunday 15th of May 2011 03:55:52 PM
Old 05-15-2011
Something along these lines...
nawk -f tempe.awk TestSubj03LogFile.log.txt

tempe.awk:
Code:
/^Video/ { v[$2]=($4 OFS $5);start[$2]=$7;next}
/^filename/{f=1;next}
f {
  n=split($1, a, "[\\\\.]")
  movie=a[n-1]
  print movie, v[movie], start[movie],start[movie]+$NF
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to get a result of a cmd into variable?

Hi , I am trying following . I need to get a result of an autosys cmd into a unix variable. The autosys cmd is autostatus -G jpm_day_today Please help me in storing the value returned by this cmd into a unix variable. Appreciate your time to read this post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manchau
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing result of a command in variable

For whatever reason I cant seem to fix my syntax to do the following. I want to run a grep and count how many instances come up and store that number in a variable but I keep erroring out. Here's my code in bash: number=grep blah file.txt | wc -l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign result to variable

Hi friends, firstly, i can run following expression and i took 100 value. sqlplus -s username/password@TTTEST @umt.sql umt.sql exists "select t.deger from parametre t where t.id=30". result of this query =100 i need to assign this value(100) to variable(for example x... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temhem
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking sed result in a variable

Hi All, How can i take the following code having three seds into a variable : echo "$DateFileFormat" | sed 's/\./\\\\./g' | sed 's/\$/+/g' | sed 's/\#/'$job_date'/g' I want to get the result stored in a script variable i tried var2=`echo "$DateFileFormat" | sed 's/\./\\\\./g' |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store result of grep into a variable?

In a directory i have a file *output* whose contents are changing for every simulation. zgrep "trace file is" *output* | zgrep g o/p: trace file is Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz I want to extract "Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz" from the above result into a variable. i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine two variable result?

Hi, i have two variables i.e lck_ckm_customer=ckm_customer and(present in some script A) table=ckm_customer(present in script B) in script B i am executing this part if ; then --- ---- ---- fi Now, while comparing in my log file i am getting this result if but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get result of sqlcmd output in variable?

Hi All, I am looking for a solution. I am executing below command in shell script: SQL= "select count(*) from dual" sqlcmd --login /oracle/baccess.xml --sql "$SQL". I can see the result while executing above shell script. but I want to store the value of query output irrespective the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokendrasb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result of 'cut' into variable

Hello, I would like to have a result of a cut-command in a variable. The file "t.dat" has the following content: Company 001.239879123.OB1X.672W12.STS UNOLD.001.02 My bash-script: Header="" Header=$(cut -c1-160 t.dat | head -1) echo $Header ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I save the result in a variable

I have friends that this command worked perfectly, but I would like to save the result in a variable, which I have not achieved var=prueba.txt echo $var | cut -d "." -f 1 prueba I need to do this but does not work me salida=echo $var | cut -d "." -f 1 echo "result:$salida" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store result variable

Friends have the following problem: cat $PATH_DAT/mr.txt | nawk 'BEGIN { CantPnt=0; NumReg=0; FS="|" } { NumReg++ CantPnt=CantPnt+int($2) } END{ printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
5 Replies
fixsub(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixsub(3alleg4)

NAME
fixsub - Safe function to subtract fixed point numbers clamping underflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixsub(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be subtracted with the normal '-' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 4965 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(-31000), itofix(3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of subtracting `y' from `x', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixsub(3alleg4)