Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't open boot_archive error message Post 302522476 by feg on Sunday 15th of May 2011 01:24:36 PM
Old 05-15-2011
Can't open boot_archive error message

Hello guys,

Thanks for all your precious tips.
I hope you can give me some advice again.

This time I am having an issue with a SUN FIRE V240 (SOLARIS 10).

The server doesn't boot, normally , first we had a file system error

Code:
====================+FIRST ERROR MESSAGES+===================================================

Unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually
(fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d400).

====================================================================================

1) i tried to repair manually the disc with "fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d400" , but I wasn't able to run fsck
2) I decided to boot the server with the solaris dvd
"boot cdrom -s" to try to repair the mirror "fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0" but I couldn't.
3) So I have decided to restore the root from the most recent backup tape that I have

4)I have mounted the root and all the other partitions from /a/etc/vfstab & /a/etc/system"
5) I have tried to update the boot archive but it didn't work and I had this error message "not a boot archive based Solaris instance"

6) I have rebooted the server and since then, this two errors appear everytime i do a reboot "Can't open boot_archive" and "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable".

Code:
=================the error that I see everytime the server boot===============================================

"Can't open boot_archive" et "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable"

I would appreciate any help

Last edited by feg; 05-15-2011 at 02:33 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2

I am trying to build a tuxedo server which in turn depends on several Pro*C programs. I am doing it on HP-UX system. It looks to me that the ORACLE_HOME is set properly. But I am getting error message when trying to build. PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2 exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting last error message

Question for unix programmers - what function I need to used to get the exact error message when the library failed to load? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tttttt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open a file in VI and I get the message below:

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Error Message: find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle

I am using the "find" command below and it respond with the error message " find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle" what does it mean? what can I do about it? Need advice, thanks. below are the command that I enter, the respond and the error message: root@ScripServer:/# find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message: What does it mean?

I get this error message in my maillog. Can someone tell me what it means? SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from mail-05.goomba.com I guess it means that the server could not connect to mail-06.goomba.com. Is my interpretation correct? Any idea why it happens? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file

Hi, I was compiling few C programs in the unix server and getting the following error message rm: /home/a0xxx28/AVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/LIB/*.a non-existent proc MODE=ANSI CODE=ANSI_C INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/INCLUDE INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARY/INCLUDE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message when use fork with open file

I get this message when I write myshell.c program "VM pagefault:SIGSEGV bad add 0x0 err 0x4 nopage read myshell PM: ciredump signal 11 for 1725 /myshell memory fault (core dumped)" /* RCS information: $Id: myshell.c,v 1.2 2006/04/05 22:46:33 elm Exp $ */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosecomp
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)                                       systemd-fsck@.service                                      SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)