Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Does anyone establish to lock the laptop mouse pad Post 302522384 by Corona688 on Sunday 15th of May 2011 03:25:46 AM
Old 05-15-2011
That's not generally a Windows feature, usually that's part of the laptop hardware itself.

The fn-keys though, may not work properly if your kernel doesn't support them. Sometimes the kernel has specific fixes for specific models.

Asus makes lots of laptops. You might as well go looking for parts for a "Ford" as look for fixes for an "Asus". What is it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to lock keyboard without using lock command

how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

establish communication between two machines using IPSec

How can i establish communication between two machines using IPSec in linux?? Do you have any materials or regarding links? or any materials of udp socket programming? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connection establish two server

How do make connection between two linux server.Such as SSH,rsync,ftp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani T
3 Replies
prefresh(3cur)															    prefresh(3cur)

Name
       prefresh, pnoutrefresh - refresh pad

Syntax
       #include <cursesX.h>

int prefresh(pad, pminrow, pmincol, sminrow, smincol, smaxrow, smaxcol)
       WINDOW *pad;
       int pminrow, pmincol, sminrow, smincol, smaxrow, smaxcol;

int pnoutrefresh(pad, pminrow, pmincol, sminrow, smincol, smaxrow, smaxcol)
       WINDOW *pad;
       int pminrow, pmincol, sminrow, smincol, smaxrow, smaxcol;

Description
       The routine copies the specified pad to the physical terminal screen.  It takes account of what is already displayed on the screen to opti-
       mize cursor movement.

The routine copies the named pad to the virtual screen.	It then compares the virtual screen with the  physical	screen	and  performs  the
       actual update.

These routines are analogous to the routines and except that pads, instead of windows, are involved.  Additional parameters are also needed
       to indicate what part of the pad and screen are involved.  The upper left corner of the part of the pad to be displayed is specified by and
       The co-ordinates and specify the edges of the screen rectangle that will contain the selected part of the pad.

The  lower right corner of the pad rectangle to be displayed is calculated from the screen co-ordinates.  This ensures that the screen rec-
       tangle and the pad rectangle are the same size.

Both rectangles must be entirely contained within their respective structures.

Return Values
       The and functions return OK on success and ERR on error.

See Also
       wnoutrefresh(3cur), wrefresh(3cur)

prefresh(3cur)