Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Migrating from HP UX to LINUX/SOLARIS- which one is more preferable? Post 302522363 by methyl on Saturday 14th of May 2011 09:10:13 PM
Old 05-14-2011
Assuming decent scale I'd modernise the hardware and software and continue with HP-UX. Porting a large-scale application written in a low-level language to another platform is very high risk.
If this is a trivial application, the platform is largely immaterial providing that you have good programmers.
Whatever the decision, trial the application on sample new platforms and test throughly before making the change.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migrating from HP to Solaris

My company is considering migrating from HP unix to Solaris just to get two more years of support for a particular software product. My question is just how much of an effort is it to do this migration? Are you aware of any migration tools to assist us in this migration? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrating Solaris 9 to different hardware

Hi, I am new to this forum and hope someone can help. Does anyone know how to restore a Solaris 9 backup tape from server A to a completely different server B hardware. Both boxes are sun 64bit. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you Jan. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snerta
5 Replies

3. Linux

Migrating from SENDMAIL on SUN SOLARIS to POSTFIX on Linux

Migrating from sendmail on SUN Solaris to POSTFIX on Linux. I have been asked to migrate our sendmail to postfix on Linux and would appreciate and information. Hints and tips on the process involved. Perhaps any links to useful site or documentation that you may know about. Many Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Migrating from Unix to Linux

Is there a way to migrate username password from Freebsd 6.1 to Linux Ubuntu 8.04. I am using the server as a email server running postfix and using imap. Is there a way to transfer the usernames and password. I have transferred all the Maildirs but I am getting uid errors and gid errors even after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
2 Replies

5. Linux

Migrating RCS from HP-UX to Linux

Hello all, We would be migrating from HP-UX 11 to Red Hat Linux 5 shortly. On HP-UX we've been using RCS (Revision Control system). On RHEL I think there is an equivilant utility called Subversion..Is there a way to export the current contents from RCS in HP-UX and import it into Linux's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
XtErrorMsg()															      XtErrorMsg()

Name
  XtErrorMsg - call the high-level fatal error handler.

Synopsis
  void XtErrorMsg(name, type, class, default, params, num_params)
	 String name;
	 String type;
	 String class;
	 String default;
	 String *params;
	 Cardinal *num_params;

Inputs
  name	    Specifies the general kind of error.

type	    Specifies the detailed name of the error.

class     Specifies the resource class of the error.

default   Specifies the default message to use if no message is found in the database.

params    Specifies an array of values to be inserted into the message.

num_params
	    Specifies the number of elements in params.

Returns
  XtErrorMsg() terminates the application and does not return.

Availability
  XtErrorMsg() has been superseded by XtAppErrorMsg().

Description
  XtErrorMsg()	passes all of its arguments to the installed high-level error handler.	The default high-level error handler is _XtDefaultEr-
  rorMsg().  It calls XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText() to lookup an error message of the specified name, type, and class in	the  error  database.
  If  no such message is found, XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText() returns the specified default message.  In either case, _XtDefaultErrorMsg() does
  a printf-style substitution of params into the message, and passes the resulting text to the low-level error handler by calling XtError().

Usage
  XtErrorMsg() has been superseded by XtAppErrorMsg(), which performs the same function on a per-application context basis.  XtErrorMsg() now
  calls  XtAppErrorMsg() passing the default application context created by XtInitialize().  Very few programs need multiple application con-
  texts, and you can continue to use XtErrorMsg() if you initialize your application with XtInitialize().  We recommend,  however,  that  you
  use XtAppInitialize(), XtAppErrorMsg(), and the other XtApp*() application context specific functions.

See XtAppErrorMsg() for more information.

See Also
  XtAppErrorMsg(1), XtAppWarningMsg(1).

Xt - Error Handling														      XtErrorMsg()