Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions File Looping - Looking for executable files - Need help Post 302522347 by Bob07 on Saturday 14th of May 2011 04:32:47 PM
Old 05-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsgnb
Code:
ls -RFl | grep ^- | sed 's/$/ NO/;s/\* NO/ YES/' | awk '{print NR,$(NF-1),$5,$NF}' OFS="\t"

---------- Post updated at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:15 PM ----------

Code:
ls -RFl | sed '/^-/!d;s/$/ NO/;s/\* NO/ YES/' | awk '{print NR,$(NF-1),$5,$NF}' OFS="\t"

Awesome. Plugged that in and got them to line up the way they need to be. Thanks so much, will be using this as a future reference.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping files

Hi, I have a file a.lst which lists all files. as a.dat b.dat c.dat I want to process these files mentioned in the list file in a loop. Say I want to display only the first line of all the files a.dat , b.dat, c.dat. How can I go about it? Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executable files

This question always confuses me :- Suppose I write a program and compile it on a machine with operating system A and processor B will the exe file run on a machine with operating system A2 but processor B operating system A but processor B2 operating system A2 and processor B2........ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through files...

I posted this in the Solaris forum, but I don't think it's platform specific, so I'm posting it here. Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically select records from several files and then run a C executable file inside the script

Dear list its my first post and i would like to greet everyone What i would like to do is select records 7 and 11 from each files in a folder then run an executable inside the script for the selected parameters. The file format is something like this 7 100 200 7 100 250 7 100 300 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gtolis
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping through files

I am writing a ksh which has to load 7 files(.dat files) from input directory into oracle tables using sql loader. The process has to take each file at a time and once if it is loaded succesfully using sql loader into oracle tables then the process has to pick next file and load it into oracle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looping through file and creating seperate files

Hi, My first post!! I have a files with header, something like this Header_Row AMC|D1|D2|D2 AAO|D3|D4|D5 AMC|D6|D7|D8 AAO|D9|D10|D11 . . . . . and millions fo records thereafter like this. I want to read the above file in a loop and write the lines having AMC into another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitbakre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While or For with looping contructs? to create files from contents of a text file

Hi so far I created this script: vi loop.beta.sh for i in `cat extract.filenames.tabc` do echo $i done>$i === This is the original text file. $ more tabc.txt -rwx------- 1 alice staff 1586 2010-11-05 02:27 request-key .conf -rwx------- 1 ted staff 126 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping the files for getting the file size information

Am using Linux 3.10 years.txt is input source file which has the list of year like below 2013 2014 2015 2016 Other Input files are XX_TEST1_YR2016_01012018.csv XX_TEST1_YR2015_01012018.csv XX_TEST1_YR2014_01012018.csv XX_TEST1_YR2013_01012018.csv XX_TEST2_YR2016_01012018.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)