Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help to boot a server and mount all partitions Post 302522284 by bartus11 on Saturday 14th of May 2011 06:35:36 AM
Old 05-14-2011
Post output of:
Code:
metastat -a
metadb -i

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

GRUB cannot boot NTFS partitions?

I have an issue with booting NTFS partitions with Grub. I have two HHD 1st HDD with Red Hat 9.0 and Grub as bootloader 2nd HDD with 8 Win partitions all ntfs. I have added the following line in my grub.conf: title Windows2000/Domino 6 root (hd1,0) makeactive chainloader +1 When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDE Man
4 Replies

2. AIX

NFS does not mount on boot!

Hi, Can someone help me on this? I'm not able to enable a well working mounting process for NFS filesystems on boot time. On the server side (AIX 5.2) everything seems to be OK and correctly exported, seeing other clients (AIX 5.2) are able to mount normally on boot time. On a client in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot mount boot archive

hi, I' ve found an error while starting up solaris 10, so I booted in safe mode from grub and modified the menu.lst with vi, to obtain a verbose output of the error. It says failed to readsuperblock diskread reading beyound end of ramdisk start = 0x800 size=0x800 ... ... panic: cannot... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partitions will not mount once target system is reimaged using dd

I am trying to dd an entire hard drive and copy it to another harddrive and experiencing problems for which I can't seem to find an answer. Questions: What do the error messages below indicate? Is there a solution? Are the error messages due to the difference in drive sizes? Is it possible... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Make another set of root(/), /boot, /home and other partitions?

Hello, As a purely learning purpose I am trying to make another set of partitions along my existing Ubuntu11.10 box. The reason to do this partition is to try a new Linux system by myself following "Linux From Scratch" (LFS). Because the instruction of LFS seems for very advanced user (I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot boot nor mount

After applying the latest patchset on a Sun v240 (SPARC, 64b Solaris 10), I got the below error: Boot device: disk File and args: | Evaluating: Out of memory Warning: Fcode sequence resulted in a net stack depth change of 1 Evaluating: Evaluating: The file just loaded does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fdisk partitions on boot disk and disaster recovery

I'm preparing to recover a Oracle Fire X4170 server in a disaster recovery test at a different location than in prod. I have some questions about fdisk partitions. I'm using Solaris 10 update 10. On my prod server, the boot disk has 2 partitions, diagnostic and solaris. Is the diagnostic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TKD
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Copy files between partitions with "without auto-mount" option enabled - possible?

Hello, fellow Unixers and Macers, I'll run several OS X versions each on its own dedicated partition. Partitions won't be seeing each other (by editing fstab). Question: will I be able to copy files between those partitions? Partition #1: Mavericks. Partition #2: HighSierra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
2 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)