Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file security/protection
Operating Systems Linux file security/protection Post 302522200 by smithjack on Friday 13th of May 2011 04:22:37 PM
Old 05-13-2011
i already tried 444 too.
but what should be the user. bcos it resturns with 500 internal server error if i chown the file to root.
any other ways to protect the file.
demo.freelinuxconsole.info/index2.php

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Protection and Security

Since I'm just new in unix, can I ask the experts on how I can develop or enhance a unix utility in protecting or securing a file using scripts. Im thinking chmod, is it enought? or are there other utilities in unix? My algorithm is like there will be a menu that shows a list of types of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imjustjong
2 Replies
LDAP_ADD(3)								 1							       LDAP_ADD(3)

ldap_add - Add entries to LDAP directory

SYNOPSIS
bool ldap_add (resource $link_identifier, string $dn, array $entry) DESCRIPTION
Add entries in the LDAP directory. PARAMETERS
o $link_identifier - An LDAP link identifier, returned by ldap_connect(3). o $dn - The distinguished name of an LDAP entity. o $entry - An array that specifies the information about the entry. The values in the entries are indexed by individual attributes. In case of multiple values for an attribute, they are indexed using integers starting with 0. <?php $entry["attribute1"] = "value"; $entry["attribute2"][0] = "value1"; $entry["attribute2"][1] = "value2"; ?> RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Complete example with authenticated bind <?php $ds = ldap_connect("localhost"); // assuming the LDAP server is on this host if ($ds) { // bind with appropriate dn to give update access $r = ldap_bind($ds, "cn=root, o=My Company, c=US", "secret"); // prepare data $info["cn"] = "John Jones"; $info["sn"] = "Jones"; $info["objectclass"] = "person"; // add data to directory $r = ldap_add($ds, "cn=John Jones, o=My Company, c=US", $info); ldap_close($ds); } else { echo "Unable to connect to LDAP server"; } ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
ldap_delete(3). PHP Documentation Group LDAP_ADD(3)