Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plan to Buy a New Laptop
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Plan to Buy a New Laptop Post 302522018 by kumaran_5555 on Friday 13th of May 2011 05:24:20 AM
Old 05-13-2011
What about lenovo ThinkPad.

I love that laptop because the website says it is build for performance and not for fancy look.

And it is sleek and elegant for those who love performance. But I don't think it is available without Windows.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plan

i want to make a program run when a person types 'finger USERNAME', username being my username. how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

401 Keg Plan

If you had purchased $1,000 of AIG stock one year ago, you would have about $40.00 left. With Lehman, you have about $6.00 left. With Fannie or Freddie, you would have less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, and had drunk all of the beer, then turned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

an advice regarding backup plan

Hi all i'm looking for good advice regarding backup plan becuase its first time to me handle large scale database expected to grow up 10000 - 20000 record per year with daily operations on it I'm working as sysAdmin in educational organization ( junior level ) with mixed OSes environment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

4. AIX

Plan to shutdown servers

Hello everyone I need to shutdown all my servers and my storage. I would like to hear your opinions about this. This is my little plan about all this. 1.-Stop the applications 2.-Stop the webservers 3.-Stop the ihs 4.-Stop the databases 5.-Verify no process are running 6.-Close the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need a database and a plan of attack!

Hi everyone, I've got an extensive collection of seismic files that I am trying to turn into workable subsurface data collection. It's all real-time history and it is being loaded onto the main linux computer from a collection of about 1000 CDs. There are about 4000 seismic files on each CD, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ws6transam
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies
TOMOYO-INIT(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    TOMOYO-INIT(8)

NAME
tomoyo-init - load TOMOYO Linux policy automatically SYNOPSIS
tomoyo-init DESCRIPTION
When /sbin/init starts, the kernel automatically calls this program. Policy files that have been saved to disk are subsequently loaded into kernel memory. This program copies the following files: /etc/tomoyo/exception_policy.conf => /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/exception_policy /etc/tomoyo/domain_policy.conf => /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/domain_policy /etc/tomoyo/profile.conf => /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/profile /etc/tomoyo/manager.conf => /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager /etc/tomoyo/stat.conf => /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/stat If /etc/tomoyo/tomoyo-post-init exists and is executable, then it will also be executed. This allows additional control over what happens at startup. You will not usually need to invoke this program manually. EXAMPLES
Contents of "/etc/tomoyo/tomoyo-post-init" allowing non-root "demo" user to edit policy #!/bin/bash echo manage_by_non_root > /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager chown -R demo /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo BUGS
If you find any bugs, send an email to <tomoyo-users-en@lists.sourceforge.jp>. AUTHORS
Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> Main author. Jamie Nguyen <jamie@tomoyolinux.co.uk> Documentation and website. SEE ALSO
tomoyo-loadpolicy(8) See <http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp> for more information. tomoyo-tools 2.5.0 2012-04-14 TOMOYO-INIT(8)