Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Simulating background X11 events Post 302521974 by benderz on Friday 13th of May 2011 02:44:02 AM
Old 05-13-2011
Acually it is something like X11 redirection to a remote host, it is that the application you are running is a normal app that can be executed remotely.
I want something similar but in my case the client does not understand about X11 so I need to simulate the events to do the app to behave as usual without changing the code at all.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulating a menu using shell programming like in windows.

Hi Friends, I would like to write a shell script in unix which displays a menu. The options in the menu needs to be chosen using the navigation keys(up arrow or down arrow). At present I am entering the menu option number for the option to be chosen. Can anybody give me an idea about how the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malini
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Simulating Router Link Removal

I am trying to do a small simulation in which there are three-four routers. Initially I setup some traffic between them using some link capacity of the lines between the routers and after that, I want to cut out one of the links and observe the traffic flow. Is this possible using any tool? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simulating scp through ssh

How to simulate scp command using ssh? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simulating kernel panic

How can a kernel panic be simulated? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending key events to background script

Hi, short summary: I need to send keystrokes from USB keyboard to background (bash-)script. I guess I have to use read on the right devive board but how and which? My details: I got a small home server with some VMs using KVM/Qemu, all are suse 11.3. But in general I work on a client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snowman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies
Protocol::Connection(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Protocol::Connection(3pm)

NAME
X11::Protocol::Connection - Perl module abstract base class for X11 client to server connections SYNOPSIS
# In connection object module package X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon; use X11::Protocol::Connection; @ISA = ('X11::Protocol::Connection'); sub open { ... } sub give { ... } sub get { ... } sub fh { ... } ... # In program $connection = X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon ->open($host, $display_number); $x = X11::Protocol->new($connection); $connection->give($data); $reply = unpack("I", $connection->get(4)); use IO::Select; $sel = IO::select->new($connection->fh); if ($sel->can_read == $connection->fh) ... DESCRIPTION
This module is an abstract base class for the various X11::Protocol::Connection::* modules that provide connections to X servers for the X11::Protocol module. It provides stubs for the following methods: open $conn = X11::Protocol::Connection::Foo->open($host, $display_num) Open a connection to the specified display (numbered from 0) on the specified $host. give $conn->give($data) Send the given data to the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. get $data = $conn->get($n) Read $n bytes of data from the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. fh $filehandle = $conn->fh Return an object suitable for use as a filehandle. This is mainly useful for doing select() and other such system calls. AUTHOR
Stephen McCamant <SMCCAM@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), X11::Protocol, X11::Protocol::Connection::Socket, X11::Protocol::Connection::FileHandle, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETFH, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXFH. perl v5.14.2 2003-01-27 Protocol::Connection(3pm)