Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Network Programming
Top Forums Programming Unix Network Programming Post 302521973 by naresh046 on Friday 13th of May 2011 02:35:30 AM
Old 05-13-2011
Ya I got it. Thanks Pal..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Network Programming

I am going to purchase Unix Network Programming by Stevens. The only question I have is which edition to buy. The older (early 90's) edition, or the newer (late 90's) edition. I know conventional thinking would point to the latest ( and greatest?), but I wanted to get some feedback from the forum.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Programming

Network Programming in Unix

Good day everyone, Please help if you are interested in. I need to do a chat client-server program. Does anyone know where I can get references or sample programs? Thank you very much for your time Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: powermind
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Network Programming

I want to develop a hybrid IM application which will consist of a chat and an offline messaging (BBS) part. Server must support Multiple connection (concurrent) Arguments should not be hard coded (code will be checked at different machines) No input at the command line Must run in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: never mind
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless network programming in Unix (question)

Greetings everyone, I've been using OpenWRT for some time primarly for research in the University. I've also started with some basic network programming (sending UDP packets for instance). But since most of the available tutorials on unix network programming are more related to ethernet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aztroboy
4 Replies

5. Programming

Unix network programming

Hi! I am working on fedora.. trying to execute BSD4.4 client-server program which includes "unp.h" header file... While executing make command, I got error like, " expected " , " , " ; ",or ")" in connect_nonb file...ERROR 1 " I tried to change mode of makefile but I can't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisha_vaghela
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network programming on UNIX env on windows

Hi, I have to start doing network programming in C/Unix but I have windows installed. Could someone please guide me how to set up the environment best suited for the networking programming? Regards Vinayak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayakj20
1 Replies

8. Programming

UNIX Network Programming making files problem

I have started reading the book Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API. I downloaded all the source code and the readme says I must make the files. zuro@zuro:~/book/unpv12e$ cd lib zuro@zuro:~/book/unpv12e/lib$ make gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -c -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuro
5 Replies

9. Programming

UNIX network programming execution problem

I have started reading the book Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API. I downloaded all the source code and performed all the steps present in README file.Now when i compile my first program it give the following error. sainandan@nandan:~/unpv13e/intro$ ./daytimetcpcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsainandan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it possible to understand the subjects of 2nd volume of UNIX Network Programming with APUE

Is it possible to study second volume of Unix Network Programming - Interprocess communication (by Stevense) with Advanced Programming in Unix Environment by the same author? I've got the idea that the topics/subjects in second volume has more to do with non network programming hence it seems... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
PEXEC(1)							   User Commands							  PEXEC(1)

NAME
pexec - executing commands in parallel SYNOPSIS
pexec [options] [-c|-m] [--] command [arguments] | 'compound command' DESCRIPTION
Execute commands or shell scripts in parallel on a single host or on remote hosts using a remote shell. OPTIONS
General options: -h, --help Gives general summary about the command line options. --long-help Gives a detailed list of command line options. --version Gives some version information about the program. -s, --shell <shell> Full path (e.g. /bin/sh) of the shell or interpreter to be used for script execution. -c, --shell-command Use the specified shell to interpret the command(s) instead of direct execution. -m, --multiple-command Allow multiple individual shell command scripts to be executed in parallel with the variation of the parameters. -e, --environment <variable> Name of an environmental variable which is set to the respective parameter before each execution. -n, --number <number> The maximal number of processes running simultaneously. The <number> itself can even be a complex specification of remote hosts (see documentation for more details). -C, --control <port> The control port of a hypervisor daemon (full path of a UNIX socket or an INET host specification). -p, --list <list> The single-argument form of main parameter list. -r, --parameters <list> The multiple-argument form of the main parameter list. -f, --listfile <file> The main parameter list file. -w, --column <index> The column index from where the parameters should be taken if they are read from a parameter file. -t, --complete Threat the whole line as a single parameter if the parameters are read from a file. -z, --nice Sets the scheduling priority of pexec and all children (executed processes) to the priority defined by this nice value. -- A marker after which the command to execute begins. Redirecting standard input, output and error: -i, --input <input> The (optionally formatted) name of the input file which is used for redirecting the standard input. -o, --output <output> The (optionally formatted) name of the output file which is used for redirecting the standard output. -u, --error <output> The (optionally formatted) name of the output error file, which is used for redirecting the standard error. -R, --normal-redirection Equivalent to specifying --output -, --error - and --input /dev/null. -a, --output-format <format> The format of the final standard output redirection if the output of all of the processes are gathered into the same file. -b, --error-format <format> The same final redirection format for the standard error. -x, --omit-newlines Disable automatic newlines after the output and error formats. Execution using remote hosts: -g, --remote-shell <remote_shell> The name or full path of the remote shell to be used for building the tunnel between the local and the peer host(s). Default: ``/usr/bin/ssh''. -P, --pexec <pexec> The full path of the pexec program on the remote hosts. If this option is omitted, pexec tries to figure out from the invoking syn- tax and/or the current path. -T, --tunnel Internal use only (pexec will start in tunnel daemon mode). Remote control, mutual exclusions and atomic command execution: -y, --bind <port> This option lets pexec to be remote controlled via INET or UNIX domain sockets. -E, --pexec-connection-variable <env> This option overrides the default environment name PEXEC_REMOTE_PORT to the specified value, which is used by the ``-p|--connect auto'' combination to determine the control socket with which the running pexec instance can be controlled. -j, --remote Used to remote control and/or poll the status of other running instances of pexec. -p, --connect <port> Remote control port to connect to. -t, --status Prints the actual status of the running jobs in a human-readable form. -l, --lock <mutex> Locks the specified mutex (if the mutex is not locked by someone else, otherwise it will block until the mutex is released). -u, --unlock <mutex> Unlocks the specified mutex. -m, --mutex <mutex> Name of the mutex. -d, --dump <filename> Dump the content of the given file to standard output, if ``-m|--mutex'' is given, this will be atomic. -s, --save <filename> Save the content of standard input to the given file, if ``-m|--mutex'' is given, this will be atomic. -a, --atomic <command> Execute the given command. If ``-m|--mutex'' is given, the exectution is going to be atomic with respect to that mutex. Hypervisor mode: -H, --hypervisor Starts pexec in hypervisor mode. -C, --control <port> The control port used by the hypervisor. -l, --load <window> Use load also to limit the number of simultaneous processes with the specified load average interval (0, 1 or 2, or 1min, 5min or 15min, respectively). -f, --fifo First in first out queue processing. -s, --lifo Last in first out (stack) queue processing (default). Logging: -L, --log <file> The name of the log file. -W, --log-level <level> The logging level. -V, --verbose Increase the log level by one. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <apal@szofi.elte.hu> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2008-2009; Pal, Andras <apal@szofi.elte.hu> This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. This software was written by Andras Pal. The core part was written while working for the Hungarian-made Automated Telescope (HAT) project to make the data processing more easier and therefore find many-many extrasolar planets. See more information about this project: http://hatnet.hu. Another internal libraries (e.g. numhash.[ch]) were primarily written for other projects. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for pexec is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and pexec programs are properly installed at your site, the command info pexec should give you access to the complete manual. pexec 1.0rc8 (2009.07.02) June 2012 PEXEC(1)