Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Samba trouble shoot / workaround ? Post 302521952 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 11:59:22 PM
Old 05-13-2011
Are you sure it's SMB that's hung and not the client? Does the problem persist even when the client machine is turned off?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldap+samba+gdm trouble

I'm having troubles setting up a client(with Ubuntu 8.10) for a ldap+samba server. I can't authenticate through the client with gdm, the messages I have in /etc/auth.log at the client is Dec 4 14:21:56 myuser-mydesktop gdm: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldap://192.168.0.1: Invalid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: capibolso
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Workaround for macros in sftp command

Hi, I've some existing scripts wherein am using ftp + .netrc. I've defined my macros in .netrc file. I want to switch to sftp now but it seems it doesn't support macros and .netrc and it gives "command invalid" error. Is there any other alternative? Note: I don't want help for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ps51517
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stuck in CLOSE_WAIT Solaris 10 - Patch and workaround

Solaris 10 Sparc: When you got a connection locking a tcp/port, and the status is CLOSE_WAIT (for ever :wall:), you just use the tcpdrop, to close the connection. This is a OS bug. I wrote the bug id bellow: BUG-ID 6468753 connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT The patch that's correct the bug:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiagofborn
0 Replies

4. AIX

cpu used more than 80% how will u trouble shoot?

cpu used more than 80% how will u trouble shoot? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
1 Replies

5. AIX

memory is more than 80% how will u trouble shoot it?

memory is more than 80% how will u trouble shoot it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
1 Replies

6. Programming

Msgget(2) returns 0 - a workaround fix

Greetings: I am posting this because my searches for this problem only came up with two posts and no helpful suggestions. I have a "solution" (read work-around hack) and have not tried yet to find a root cause, and may never because I am busy doing other things (read working to pay the bills). ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bandit
10 Replies
NETDUMP-CLIENT(8)						  System Programs						 NETDUMP-CLIENT(8)

NAME
netdump - send oops data and memory dumps over the network SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/netdump (start|stop|status|restart|propagate) DESCRIPTION
Loads and configures the netdump kernel modules. Once these are loaded, when the kernel crashes it will send the oops message and a dump of physical memory to the machine that runs the netdump-server. This can then be used to debug the problem using gdb and a kernel image. OPTIONS
start Starts the netdump client service. Loads the kernel modules with the right options. stop Unloads the kernel modules. status Shows the status of the netdump client restart Restarts the netclient modules with new configurations. propagate Sends the ssh public key needed to update the random key for each netdump session to the netdump server. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/netdump Configuration for the netdump client. You need to at least specify the address of the machine running the netdump server here. /etc/sysconfig/netdump_id_dsa.pub Public key for this machine. Used by the server to authenticate the client. This must be installed on the server, possibly by using the the propagate capability of the netdump init script, which does: cat /etc/sysconfig/netdump_id_dsa.pu | ssh netdump@$NETDUMPADDR cat '>>' /var/crash/.ssh/authorized_keys2 Where $NETDUMPADDR is the ip or name of the machine running the netdump server. SEE ALSO
netdump-server(8), init(8) BUGS
Report any bugs you find to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla AUTHOR
Alexander Larsson <alexl@redhat.com> Linux 14 Feb 2002 NETDUMP-CLIENT(8)