Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Simulating background X11 events Post 302521942 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 10:35:27 PM
Old 05-12-2011
I find it difficult to believe that the only way to use this application is to fake mouse clicks. What is it?
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulating a menu using shell programming like in windows.

Hi Friends, I would like to write a shell script in unix which displays a menu. The options in the menu needs to be chosen using the navigation keys(up arrow or down arrow). At present I am entering the menu option number for the option to be chosen. Can anybody give me an idea about how the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malini
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Simulating Router Link Removal

I am trying to do a small simulation in which there are three-four routers. Initially I setup some traffic between them using some link capacity of the lines between the routers and after that, I want to cut out one of the links and observe the traffic flow. Is this possible using any tool? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simulating scp through ssh

How to simulate scp command using ssh? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simulating kernel panic

How can a kernel panic be simulated? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending key events to background script

Hi, short summary: I need to send keystrokes from USB keyboard to background (bash-)script. I guess I have to use read on the right devive board but how and which? My details: I got a small home server with some VMs using KVM/Qemu, all are suse 11.3. But in general I work on a client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snowman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies
mousetweaks(1)						      General Commands Manual						    mousetweaks(1)

NAME
mousetweaks - Accessibility enhancements for the mouse SYNOPSIS
mousetweaks [--enable-dwell] [--enable-secondary] [--dwell-time=FLOAT] [--secondary-time=FLOAT] [-m|--dwell-mode=STRING] [-c|--show-ctw] [-x|--ctw-x=INT] [-y|--ctw-y=INT] [-t|--threshold=INT] [-s|--shutdown] [--disable-animations] [--daemonize] [-?|--help] DESCRIPTION
mousetweaks is a daemon that provides various mouse features for the GNOME desktop. It depends on the Assistive Technology Service Provider Interface (AT-SPI). OPTIONS
--enable-dwell Automatically perform mouse clicks without using a physical button. --enable-secondary Trigger the secondary mouse button when the primary mouse button is held down for a specified amount of time. --dwell-time=FLOAT Time to keep the pointer motionless before a dwell click is performed. Range: 0.2 - 3.0 seconds. --secondary-time=FLOAT Time to hold the primary mouse button before a simulated secondary click is performed. Range: 0.5 - 3.0 seconds. -m, --dwell-mode=STRING Select a dwelling mode. Available arguments are: window, gesture WINDOW Select the active click type from a window or a panel applet. GESTURE Perform clicks by moving in different directions after the cursor changes its shape. -c, --show-ctw Show the click-type window. Only useful in combination with dwell-mode=window. -x, --ctw-x=INT X Position of the click-type window on screen. -y, --ctw-y=INT Y Position of the click-type window on screen. -t, --threshold=INT Ignore small pointer movements. Range 0 - 30 pixels. -s, --shutdown Stop the mousetweaks daemon. --disable-animation Disable cursor animations. The animation shows the timer progress for dwell clicks and secondary clicks as cursor overlay. --daemonize Start mousetweaks in the background, ie. spawn a child process. --login Start mousetweaks in login mode. In login mode, mousetweaks does not check whether AT-SPI is running. FILES
~/.mousetweaks.pid The daemon creates a lock file in the users home directory to keep track of its status. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.gnome.org/> <http://bugzilla.gnome.org/> AUTHORS
mousetweaks was written by Gerd Kohlberger LICENSE
Licenced under the GNU General Public License v3 or later. SEE ALSO
dwell-click-applet(1), pointer-capture-applet(1), Assistive Technology Service Provider Interface (AT-SPI) mousetweaks(1)