Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date conversion from DD MON YY to mmddyyyy Post 302521939 by aakishore on Thursday 12th of May 2011 09:47:43 PM
Old 05-12-2011
Date conversion from DD MON YY to mmddyyyy

I am new shell scripting.
Can someone please help in giving a shell script to convert from DD MON YY to mmddyyyy

Example:
Input1 :- 20 Apr 2011
Output2 should be :- 04202011

Input2 :- 09 MAR 11
Output :- 03092011

Input3 :- 30_JAN_11
Output :- 01302011

Need help in writing shell script in coverting all the 3 above examples.

Thanks in advance for all your help.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use "date" to get dd-mon-yy

I know "date +%d-%m-%y" gives me 02-04-08, but how to easily get "02-Apr-08", i.e. the month has the three letter format. I need to use this "02-Apr-08" format to feed an Oracle database. Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix date Format (MON)

Hi , Can any one give me what is the date format for 3 character Month all caps (MON) when I do date +%b it will give me Sep But I want this to be SEP (all caps) . Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umathurumella
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl yesterday's date in mmddyyyy format

Hi, Below command is producing yesaterday's date in mmddyy format - perl -e '@T=localtime(time-86400);printf("%02d%02d%02d",$T+1,$T,($T+1900)%100)' But i want the date in mmddyyyy format; plz help. Thankx, Rahul Bahulekar. ---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of date to Julian date

Hi Gurus, Need help in Conversion of date(2007-11-30) to Julian date(YYDDD)... '+%J' 2007-11-30 to 'YYDDD' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd

How do I change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd in PERL. Can any one help me please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY

Hi , I need to convert date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY e.g 20111214 to 14-Dec-2011 Please help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion help from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/Mon/yyyy i.e. 28/10/2012 to 28/Oct/2012

Hi I have a problem with Date format in my code. 1st I am trying to convert today's date to yesterday's using YESTERDAY3=`perl -e '@y=localtime(time()-86400); printf "%04d/%02d/%02d",$y+1900,$y+1,$y;$y;'` And once it is done I am trying to using the yesterday date in a grep command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
3 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)