Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debug needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Debug needed Post 302521858 by methyl on Thursday 12th of May 2011 12:24:12 PM
Old 05-12-2011
Code:
This line is correct syntax to start a function:
usage() {

This line (and many more like it) is not correct syntax to start a function.
function searchFile() {

This "if" test is misplaced, syntactically incorrect and upsetting the whole structure of the script.
Quote:
if [ $# != 2 ] then
usage() {
You probably meant to declare the function "usage" first, then later in the script ....
Code:
if [ $# -ne 2 ]
then
        usage
fi

There are more typos in the script, some of which matter (like "Case" instead of "case") and some less important like the spelling of "successful"!

As others suggest, work you way through the script correcting each error. As this strikes me as an edit to a complex script perhaps introduce the changes bit-by-bit and test at every stage.

Quote:
LOG_NAME_DATE=`date +%y%m%d% -%H%M%S`
This does not produce what you think. Even after removing the space character there is an extra % character. Try it?

This might be better:
Code:
LOG_NAME_DATE=`date +'%y%m%d-%H%M%S'`

Or even:
Code:
LOG_NAME_DATE=`date +'%Y%m%d-%H%M%S'`

Last edited by methyl; 05-12-2011 at 01:32 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to debug

i am new to solaris i have one module which contain certain header files and sub modules i want ot execute the module and c what the values are beeing assigned to variables is makefile only solution for this is there any editor to help it,so that i can c the flow of the program and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

How to debug signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
0 Replies

4. Programming

Can we debug Signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug mode

When I run a lengthy script in debug mode i need to capture all the steps which are executed. e.g ksh -x script.ksh + test -f /proc/mounts + /bin/ls -l /proc/21326/exe + is=ksh + test ksh = ksh + test -s /etc/ksh.kshrc + . /etc/ksh.kshrc + trap 1 2 3 + who am i + awk {print $1} +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to debug .so file??

Hi All, I have a question on debugging the .so file. When I am running makefile I am getting a .so file and we are using that .so file for executing our code.But I want to know 1.Can I use dbx or gdb to debug a .so file? 2.How can i generate .out file so that i can use that in dbx or gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If - then -else debug please

Can you help please ? ./get_df.sh: syntax error at line 13 : `then' unexpected #!/bin/ksh while : do PER=`df -h /DATA/ | nawk '{if (NR != 1) { sub (/%/,""); print $(NF-1)}}'` if then if] then mailx -s "FS over 90 per" me@company.com touch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Debug help

Hello, I was looking at kernel log's and found some parts what was "interesting" I previously started looking what has been going on in my computer because I had hacker attacks on my machine. Installed Avira & Little Snitch - softwares Previously my computer opened few folders what I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scourge-
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)