Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XWindows from Solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris XWindows from Solaris 8 Post 302521840 by sadekunbi on Thursday 12th of May 2011 11:48:41 AM
Old 05-12-2011
try running commands

# export DISPLAY=IP:0.0
# xterm &

or
# /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindows/ Xdaemon? help

I have Oracle 8i, running Slackware...I have "X-win32" on my Win2k box, but when I installed Slackware I didn't install the GUI's... Isn't there a xdaemon or something of the sort that I must install first ? So when my Win2K box queries the UNIX box it picks up and says "Hi, gimme GUI" heh.. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ComTec
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris xwindows on linux

Im trying to set up a linux box (red hat) as an xserver desktop for solaris 2.6. On the solaris box I type: export DISPLAY=hostname:5 xclock & I then get the error message: XLIB: connection to ":5.0" refused by server XLIB: Client is not autohorised to connect to server Error: Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

login using xwindows

Is there a way to find out who is logged in to the system using Xwindows ( hummingbird).. I tried using finger and last it doesn't show the person logged in .. but when i run ps -ef | grep "ip address' it show various process running on the system.. Moreover is there a way to log off the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindows Question

I have a pretty basic XWindows question. I'm using Linux and the BASH shell. I want to connect to a machine that is running a Java IDE (we currently have I think "SlickEdit" but we're probably going to download Netbeans, Eclipse) and view the IDE on the client machine. I tried "xhost +" on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublek321
5 Replies

5. Linux

XWindows

I have written some Xwindows files would like to know how to compile them tried this command gcc -o main main.o -lXt -lX11 gives errors like could not find Xt & X11 help please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
5 Replies

6. AIX

Xwindows on a HMC

I have a HMC version 5.2, The HMC controls 4 lpars. I would like to install the powerchute on the HMC and have it be the master control to shutdown each of the lpars and the VIO server in order so no harm is done to the VIO server. AIX version 5.3 64bit My problem is i have to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagink
5 Replies

7. Linux

Xwindows

i m working on a project of making linux boot and run from a pendrive. I have got a minimal root filesystem with busybox. I wish to install X Server now. I downloaded the source tar balls, untarred them on the host system, used the default host.def issued commands $make WORLDOPTS=-k World >&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amu
0 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Xwindows

i m working on a project of making linux boot and run from a pendrive. I have got a minimal root filesystem with busybox. I wish to install X Server now. I downloaded the source tar balls, untarred them on the host system, used the default host.def issued commands $make WORLDOPTS=-k World >&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amu
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindows not working

Hi I am trying to run a program on a solaris bx that requires an xwindow. I have exceed running and X11 forwarding enabled in putty I sent my display but the output is can't open display. To connect to the server I ssh to a jump host and ssh to the server and then su to root. Could this have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naddy
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: Blade 150 - XWINDOWS Problem

Hi, I have a Solaris 8.0 BLADE 150 machine. I have an onboard graphics alongwith an addon XVR500 graphics card. Now, when I use the motherboard graphics, I am not able to login to the XWINDOWS terminal, instead it stays on the console. But, if I insert the monitor cable to the XVR500 port,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
2 Replies
REALPATH(1)							      Debian							       REALPATH(1)

NAME
realpath - return the canonicalised absolute pathname SYNOPSIS
realpath [-s|--strip] [-z|--zero] filename ... realpath --h|--help realpath --v|--version DESCRIPTION
realpath converts each filename argument to an absolute pathname, which has no components that are symbolic links or the special . or .. directory entries. (See realpath(3) for more information.) Each path component in the filename must exist, otherwise realpath will fail and non-zero exit status will be returned. Please note that mostly the same functionality is provided by the `-e' option of the readlink(1) command. When the -s option is used realpath only removes the . and .. directories, but not symbolic links from filename. If the given filename argument is relative (i.e. does not start with `/'), realpath -s prepends to it the current directory name as obtained from the getcwd(2) system call before further processing. Each converted pathname is output to the standard output, on its own line. OPTIONS
-s, --strip Only strip . and .., components, but do not resolve symbolic links. -z, --zero Separate output filenames with the null character instead of newline, so it can be used with the `-0' option of xargs(1). -h, --help Print short usage information. -v, --version Show realpath's version number. EXAMPLES
For the examples below let's suppose that /usr/bin/X11 is a symbolic link, pointing to directory /usr/bin. Example 1 Regardless of what the current directory is realpath /../usr/bin/X11/./xterm prints /usr/bin/xterm but realpath -s /../usr/bin/X11/./xterm outputs /usr/bin/X11/xterm Example 2 When the current directory is /usr/bin/X11 (which is still a symbolic link to /usr/bin), the output of both realpath ./xterm and realpath -s ./xterm will be /usr/bin/xterm Example 3 Providing that the current directory is /home/user (and the directory exists before and during the realpath run), the command realpath ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file will fail with the following error ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file: No such file or directory but realpath -s ../path/to/some/./non-existent/./directory/../or/../file will return /home/path/to/some/non-existent/file EXIT STATUS
realpath returns a zero exit code when all pathnames were successfully converted. In case of any errors (e.g. missing or unavailable directories in the path), realpath prints error message to stderr and returns a non-zero exit code. SEE ALSO
basename(1), dirname(1), readlink(1), chase(1), realpath(3) BUGS
Hopefully none :) If you find some, please report them via the normal Debian bug reporting system, see the file /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt in the package doc-debian or the reportbug(1) man page. AUTHOR
Originally written by Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>, as a part of the dwww package. Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org> currently maintains and extends it. realpath is licensed via the GNU General Public License. While it has been written for Debian, porting it to other systems is strongly encouraged. Debian October 16th, 2011 REALPATH(1)