Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trace "free(): invalid next size (normal)" error on arm-linux board Post 302521835 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 11:45:52 AM
Old 05-12-2011
glibc is actually able to report double-frees as double-frees directly, not just as generic heap corruption. He might have an older glibc though, which makes this less certain.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "Invalid char ' in expession" error

I have an HP PPM (ITG) application that is running an awk command in cygwin bash shell as part of ITG process moving SAP transports on a Windows 2003 server. The awk command checks the first two characters of a file containing return code that was retrieved from the SAP server. It is throwing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accsam1
3 Replies

4. Programming

what's the different between "ar" and "arm-linux-ar"

I find that when I want to cross-compier application for arm platform,Maybe it need to specify AR=arm-linux-ar,but if I don't specify it, it will use default one--ar,and both can works well,I think ar and arm-linux-ar is just a different ,I don't know whether I'm right. I hope someone show me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
FMIN(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   FMIN(3)

NAME
fmin, fminf, fminl - determine minimum of two floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double fmin(double x, double y); float fminf(float x, float y); long double fminl(long double x, long double y); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): fmin(), fminf(), fminl(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || _ISOC99_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
These functions the lesser value of x and y. RETURN VALUE
These functions return the minimum of x and y. If one argument is a NaN, the other argument is returned. If both arguments are NaN, a NaN is returned. ERRORS
No errors occur. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
C99, POSIX.1-2001. SEE ALSO
fmax(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2010-09-20 FMIN(3)