Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trace "free(): invalid next size (normal)" error on arm-linux board Post 302521832 by kumaran_5555 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 11:40:56 AM
Old 05-12-2011
I have faced similar error once.

It happens when you are calling free() system call for a pointer which is already freed.

Try to look for this kind of error in the code.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "Invalid char ' in expession" error

I have an HP PPM (ITG) application that is running an awk command in cygwin bash shell as part of ITG process moving SAP transports on a Windows 2003 server. The awk command checks the first two characters of a file containing return code that was retrieved from the SAP server. It is throwing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accsam1
3 Replies

4. Programming

what's the different between "ar" and "arm-linux-ar"

I find that when I want to cross-compier application for arm platform,Maybe it need to specify AR=arm-linux-ar,but if I don't specify it, it will use default one--ar,and both can works well,I think ar and arm-linux-ar is just a different ,I don't know whether I'm right. I hope someone show me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)

NAME
pthread_mutexattr_init, pthread_mutexattr_destroy, pthread_mutexattr_settype, pthread_mutexattr_gettype - mutex creation attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_init(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr); int pthread_mutexattr_destroy(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr); int pthread_mutexattr_settype(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int kind); int pthread_mutexattr_gettype(const pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int *kind); DESCRIPTION
Mutex attributes can be specified at mutex creation time, by passing a mutex attribute object as second argument to pthread_mutex_init(3). Passing NULL is equivalent to passing a mutex attribute object with all attributes set to their default values. pthread_mutexattr_init initializes the mutex attribute object attr and fills it with default values for the attributes. pthread_mutexattr_destroy destroys a mutex attribute object, which must not be reused until it is reinitialized. pthread_mutexattr_destroy does nothing in the LinuxThreads implementation. LinuxThreads supports only one mutex attribute: the mutex kind, which is either PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP for ``fast'' mutexes, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP for ``recursive'' mutexes, or PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP for ``error checking'' mutexes. As the NP suffix indicates, this is a non-portable extension to the POSIX standard and should not be employed in portable programs. The mutex kind determines what happens if a thread attempts to lock a mutex it already owns with pthread_mutex_lock(3). If the mutex is of the ``fast'' kind, pthread_mutex_lock(3) simply suspends the calling thread forever. If the mutex is of the ``error checking'' kind, pthread_mutex_lock(3) returns immediately with the error code EDEADLK. If the mutex is of the ``recursive'' kind, the call to pthread_mutex_lock(3) returns immediately with a success return code. The number of times the thread owning the mutex has locked it is recorded in the mutex. The owning thread must call pthread_mutex_unlock(3) the same number of times before the mutex returns to the unlocked state. The default mutex kind is ``fast'', that is, PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP. pthread_mutexattr_settype sets the mutex kind attribute in attr to the value specified by kind. pthread_mutexattr_gettype retrieves the current value of the mutex kind attribute in attr and stores it in the location pointed to by kind. RETURN VALUE
pthread_mutexattr_init, pthread_mutexattr_destroy and pthread_mutexattr_gettype always return 0. pthread_mutexattr_settype returns 0 on success and a non-zero error code on error. ERRORS
On error, pthread_mutexattr_settype returns the following error code: EINVAL kind is neither PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP nor PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP nor PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP AUTHOR
Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> SEE ALSO
pthread_mutex_init(3), pthread_mutex_lock(3), pthread_mutex_unlock(3). LinuxThreads PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)