Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install vim on centos
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install vim on centos Post 302521799 by kalak on Thursday 12th of May 2011 09:40:29 AM
Old 05-12-2011
Which version of CentOS? Newer versions use yum, not up2date.
Code:
yum install vim-enhanced

Managing Software with yum

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install Vim on unixware

I tried to install Vim running configure script but it gives me error:UX:sh (./configure): ERROR: auto/configure: Cannot executeHere is configure script:/home/tom/vim70/src$cat configure #! /bin/sh # run the automatically generated configure script CONFIG_STATUS=auto/config.status \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nervous
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install VIM in AIX UNIX

:)Hi to all, Please help me about how to install VIM in UNIX AIX Box. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
1 Replies

3. Solaris

install vim error

dear all iam installing vim on solaris 10 but it give me the below error can any one help me ld.so.1: vim: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

4. Linux

X-Windows,Install Shield on CentOS

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.2. I need to install a commercial package that uses InstallShield. Every time I run the installation program, it gives me an error that tells me it can't open an xwindows window. The system autoboots into Gnome. I open a new xterm window by typing xterm in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreywpearson
0 Replies

5. Linux

Centos 5 install. Partion order

I can't control the partion order during install. For example i need. hda5 /var 1GB hda6 /opt 2GB I created them in such order but OS adjust them to hda5 /opt 2GB hda6 /var 1GB It is frustrating during install, I pretty sure I can order the partion as i like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

During install error centos 5.8

Hi i am getting the following error while i try to install OS from my repo " unable to read group information from repositories this is a problem with the generation of your install tree " guide me any one (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone Help install CentOS

Hello, I'm new to this Unix OS. I need help and guide to how to install this: Server requirements / Installation OS: CentOS6 / EXT4 SWAP: 16 GB (system level) Just show me the walk through by using centos manual install. Thanks, mimic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimic51
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I install a OpenVPN in CentOS?

Hi, I have looked at different tutorials across the net on how to install a OpenVPN in Linux CentOS but I can't understand any of the instructions given. So I typed myself some step-by-step instructions that I do understand. This is the type of simplified instructions I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCorporation
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7

Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7 at IBM X3550 M3 It shows that no disk present insystem, though 2 disks inserted (using RAID controller). is ther e anything should be done so CentOS become to see disks? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
6 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)