Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML parsing using shell script Post 302521786 by LavanyaP on Thursday 12th of May 2011 09:01:59 AM
Old 05-12-2011
XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this

Code:
<bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1">
                    <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/>
                    <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/>
</bul:collectionStrategy>
<bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" >
                    <bul:template name="Board parameters"/>
</bul:CollectionTemplateGroup>
<bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="15min group" >
                    <bul:template name="Test 15min parameters"/>       
</bul:CollectionTemplateGroup>
<bul:CollectionTemplate name="Board parameters" >
                    <bul:parameters id="5629"/>
                    <bul:parameters id="22002"/>
                    <bul:parameters id="22001"/>
</bul:CollectionTemplate>
<bul:CollectionTemplate name="Test 15min parameters" >
                    <bul:parameters id="151524"/>
                    <bul:parameters id="151525"/>
</bul:CollectionTemplate>

Now i need to get the hourly parameters in a separate file Parameter1hr.txt and 15min parameters in Parameter15min.txt using shell script
Parameter1hr.txt should have this
Code:

Parameter15min.txt should have this
Code:

Last edited by pludi; 05-12-2011 at 10:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing through shell scritps

Hi, Am new to scripting. :) Am trying to figure out whether can i use bash scripting to parse an xml file. Parsing is not just pulling out information according to the pattern but its more of a generic parsing. I should identify the xml hierarchy and pull out information accordingly. It's not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikvela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for XML code parsing.

Please help me to create a shell script that can parse the below XML and send a string back adding all XML values.:) <RequestBillsRsp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xtatic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for XML code parsing.

I need to create a shell script that can parse the below XML and send a string back adding all XML values. The text which's not in angular braces are to be printed. Sample code: <RequestBillsRsp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

8. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML-Text Parsing Using shell scripting

HI Guys, I have to parse below xml file :- <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="LP101"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing custom data into xml in Shell

Hi , I have data as below in a text file { 'AAA' => { 'A1' => 'a1 comment', 'A2' => 'a2 comment' }, 'BBB' => { 'B1' => 'b1 comment' }, 'CCC' => { 'C1' => 'c1 comment', 'C2' => 'c2 comment', 'C3' => 'c3 comment' 'C4' => 'c4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(1) 						  iptables 1.4.21						   IPTABLES-XML(1)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-XML(1)