Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP failed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP failed Post 302521778 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 12th of May 2011 08:34:51 AM
Old 05-12-2011
STEP_EXECUTE

STEP_END

What command language is that?

Is the username sicind for the username running the ftp process? If so, that is where the username comes from.
change:
Code:
open arg.mnd.appsc.com
put file1.txt
quit

to
Code:
open arg.mnd.appsc.com
USER correct_username_goes_here
PASS passw_for_correct_username_goes_here
put file1.txt
quit

You may be using LDAP or Kerberos to authenticate, but it doesn't look like that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments. Requirement: I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/ Problem : I login to that server through the command `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. AIX

ftp check for failed attempts

Hi, I have created the below ftp script to put files over to our capacity server, the check at the end works if ftp fails to run however if the script cannot login or the transfer itself failed there is no warnings. Does anyone know the syntax to trap the erorr codes or to put a check within... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing failed FTP error

Hi All, Please check the below ftp related job, which is deleting the files from remote host. Problem is it is not capturing the ftp failure error, and the exit status is still '0' eventhough the deletable files are not present in remote location OR ftp credential are incorrect. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic FTP failed

I have automated ftp for different scripts. every script uses different login and passwords for different server. it reads the username and password from netrc. there is 1 particular script that is failing. this script is failing in FTP step. i have checked the logs it says login failed. but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP: Error -140: remote mkdir failed

I've just installed vsftpd on Ubuntu 9.04 server. I can access using my ftp client, however I cannot use mkdir either upload files. I get the following errors: `Error -140: remote mkdir failed` My configuration file has: write_enable = YES Is there some other parameter I should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory

I am using below scripts to copy all the files from multiple folders. By executing individually command i am able to copy all the files but using scripts only getting first file. System is ignoring the second CD and mget command. HOST=server.com USER=loginid PASSWD="abc" echo "open $HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
6 Replies

10. Solaris

How to check FTP service failed in between on Solaris 10?

Hi Guys, I need to check why FTP service on Solaris 10 machine did not work in between. What does Jun-29 means here? Does it mean that it has been RUNNING/UP since Jun 29th ? -bash-3.2$ sudo /usr/bin/svcs |grep -i ftp legacy_run Jun_29 lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S90proftpd online ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
rsh(1c) 																   rsh(1c)

Name
       rsh - remote shell

Syntax
       rsh host [-l username] [-n] command
       host [-l username] [-n] command

Description
       The  command  connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command.  The command copies its standard input to the remote com-
       mand, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error.
       Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command.  The command normally terminates when the remote command does.

The  remote  username  used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option.  This remote
       name must be equivalent, in the sense of to the originating account.  No provision is made for specifying a password with a command.

If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you are logged in on the remote host using

Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted  metacharacters  are  interpreted  on  the  remote
       machine.  Thus the command

rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile

appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while

rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile

appends remotefile to otherremotefile.

Host  names are given in the file Each host has one standard name (the first name given in the file), which is rather long and unambiguous,
       and optionally one or more nicknames.  The host names for local machines are also commands in the directory If you put  this  directory	in
       your search path then the can be omitted.

Options
       -l username	   Logs you in as the specified user, not as your user login name.

-n		   Redirects all command input to

Restrictions
       The  command  is  confused by output generated by commands in a .cshrc file on the remote host.	In particular, `where are you?' and `stty:
       Can't assign requested address' are messages which can result if output is generated by the startup file.

If you are using and put a in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it blocks even if no reads are posted by
       the remote command.  If no input is desired you should redirect the input of to using the -n option.

You cannot run an interactive command like Use

Stop signals stop the local process only.

Files
       /etc/hosts
       /usr/hosts/*

See Also
       rlogin(1c)

rsh(1c)