Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debug needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Debug needed Post 302521764 by zaxxon on Thursday 12th of May 2011 07:26:53 AM
Old 05-12-2011
Having special characters in a multi-line echo in function usage(), you should put in some more echoes and escape them all by surrounding the lines with " in the front and the end:
Code:
        echo "   <-l>     = Enter the vaild service file Name.Example: dp_subscribermanagementservice.
                            This switch is used to search in current dated file.

<-a>     = Enter the valid Service File Name.Example: dp_subscribermanagementservice
                            This switch is used to search in archived file list. When using -a switch even date should
                            be passed as an argument before File Argument. Viz -a [yyyy-mm-dd] [File_Name].

<-c>     = Checking for Client Specific error Text.

<-s>     = Checking for Server Specific error Text."

Use something like:
Code:
echo "                 <-c>     = Checking for Client Specific error Text."

This as a first step, then check out what is not working next.

Last edited by zaxxon; 05-12-2011 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: typo and adding a sentence

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to debug

i am new to solaris i have one module which contain certain header files and sub modules i want ot execute the module and c what the values are beeing assigned to variables is makefile only solution for this is there any editor to help it,so that i can c the flow of the program and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

How to debug signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
0 Replies

4. Programming

Can we debug Signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug mode

When I run a lengthy script in debug mode i need to capture all the steps which are executed. e.g ksh -x script.ksh + test -f /proc/mounts + /bin/ls -l /proc/21326/exe + is=ksh + test ksh = ksh + test -s /etc/ksh.kshrc + . /etc/ksh.kshrc + trap 1 2 3 + who am i + awk {print $1} +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to debug .so file??

Hi All, I have a question on debugging the .so file. When I am running makefile I am getting a .so file and we are using that .so file for executing our code.But I want to know 1.Can I use dbx or gdb to debug a .so file? 2.How can i generate .out file so that i can use that in dbx or gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If - then -else debug please

Can you help please ? ./get_df.sh: syntax error at line 13 : `then' unexpected #!/bin/ksh while : do PER=`df -h /DATA/ | nawk '{if (NR != 1) { sub (/%/,""); print $(NF-1)}}'` if then if] then mailx -s "FS over 90 per" me@company.com touch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Debug help

Hello, I was looking at kernel log's and found some parts what was "interesting" I previously started looking what has been going on in my computer because I had hacker attacks on my machine. Installed Avira & Little Snitch - softwares Previously my computer opened few folders what I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scourge-
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)