Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX oracle processes with SOCKT in glance command....reason? Post 302521763 by vbe on Thursday 12th of May 2011 07:23:16 AM
Old 05-12-2011
Open files?
Sockets used between different oracle servers (daemons).
If you are sure you have no more oracle running, then do an
Code:
# ipcs -a

If you see anything oracle still, then you have rubbish to be removed manually, look at ipcrm man pages

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I want a command in solaris equivalent to glance in HP-UX

Hi, C an someone help me out in getting the command to get system statistics like CPU, DISK and I/O utilization in a single command instead of mpstat,vmstat and iostat. When i give sar, getting the following error, bash-3.00# sar sar: can't open /var/adm/sa/sa15 No such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
6 Replies

2. SuSE

oracle background processes

I have installed oracle 10g on suse sles9. I do not see oracle background processes. ps -ef|grep ora_ gives me environment variables junk. ps -ef|grep smon does not show anything however database is up and running. Any idea how to tweak that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayasawant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! imapd is spawning multiple processes, all of a sudden, for no reason!

Hi All, I need some assistance, if possible... Our IMAP server has recently (as of 10:30 GMT today) started spawning multiple processes for no reason! This is causing the mail server's load average to increase continually until the whole machine grinds to a halt. Here is a typical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you wait for command substitution processes to complete?

When running a command using the >(cmd) syntax in bash how do you wait for the command to complete before moving on in your script? Here is a simple example: zcat largefile.gz | tee >(wc && echo “HELLO”) > /dev/null # I tried wait, here but it doesn't wait for the process in the subshell.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvwman
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Glance command Usage

Hello We have used Glance command to check Cpu Uage , bit new to Glance command , HP-UXdev # glance B3692A GlancePlus C.03.71.00 18:21:16 nedunix2 9000/800 Current Avg High -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Util S SN NU | 43% 59%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lukas_pise
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Unix command to get all processes running on a port

Hi, Can someone provide me the Linux command to get the list of all processes running on a particular port. Thanks, Sandy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy8765
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

glance adviser suppress newline in print command

Hi, I have a glance adviser, the highlights below. The problem that i have is that every time glance finds process name "abc" it write the memory region data in a new line. My question is if i have a way to print without newline? The output line for process abc looks something like this:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yochaia01
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to show stats of multiple processes

I am looking for a command that will show me the memory, CPU and I/O usage of multiple Process IDs ps v <pid> shows for one process ID is there something similar for multiple Process Ids? ---------- Post updated at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41 PM ---------- No I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajc212
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

What's the reason behind having -n option for mv command?

Sorry for a question that may seem dumb but learning UNIX basics I still can not grasp benefits of using mv -n source file target file I can understand the need for cp -n source file target file when you get a copy with contents untouched but the former baffles me. I know that this about... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
8 Replies
capture-schema(1m)					    Application Server Utility						capture-schema(1m)

NAME
capture-schema - stores the database metadata (schema) in a file for use in mapping and execution SYNOPSIS
capture-schema-dburl url-username name- password password-driver a_jdbc_driver [-schemaname name] [-table tablename]* [-out filename] Stores the database metadata (schema) in a file. You can also use the Sun Java System Studio IDE to capture the database schema. Run cap- ture-schema as the same database user that owns the tables, so that the -username and -schemaname options are given the same username. Additionally, you can grant the database user running the capture-schema command the ANALYZE ANY TABLE privilege. OPTIONS
-dburl JDBC URL expected by the driver for accessing a database. -username user name for authenticating access to a database. -password password for accessing the selected database. -driver JDBC driver classname in your CLASSPATH. -schemaname name of the user schema being captured. If not specified, the default will capture metadata for all tables from all the schemas accessible to this user. Specifying this parameter is highly recommended. If more than one schema is accessible to this user, more than one table with the same name may be captured which will cause problems. -table name of the table; multiple table names can be specified. -out output target; defaults to stdout. This parameter corresponds to the schema sub-element of the sun-cmp-mapping ele- ment in the sun-cmp-mapping_1_1.dtd file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using capture-schema capture-schema -dburl jdbc:oracle:thin:@sadbuttrue:1521:ora817 -schemaname cantiflas -username CANTIFLAS -password enigma -driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 capture-schema(1m)