Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to su - from non root acount to non root account Post 302521643 by rishiraaz on Thursday 12th of May 2011 01:46:24 AM
Old 05-12-2011
when user X fires this cmd sudo su - AB

it asks for a password ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Renaming of root account

Hi, I have solaris 7. Just for implementing security on my system, I would like to know can I rename the root account to something else. After renaming will my os still function properly. Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root account is expired

Hi all, I am using redhat linux version 9 .I am unable to login to the system and i am getting a warninig sorry root account is expired . How can i activate the account. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Root account - disable expiry

I couldnt find this in any other post - so hoping someone can help out. I want to set password expiry (or rather I have to) for a number of users on my solaris 9 system. I know i can set the following options in the /etc/default/passwd file to do it and then just type a passwd -f <username> to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root account!

Is it possible to create more than one root account? Thanks, Jorge (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jofonseca99
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Recover root account

Hi everyone! I've got a problem caused by another who did: - He create an user and grant the group (1) to this - The problem appears as "Permission deined when reboot the Server Dec 21 09:13:09 payment dtlogin: open_pam_conf: Owner of /etc/pam.conf is not root Dec 21... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

10. AIX

Create another root account

Hi I would like to create another root account, for example root2. I added a new user named root2 and set it's uid and gid ( in /etc/passwd ) to 0. Then I logged in ( account root2 ) and the server asked to change the password, so I changed. And the problem happend. The password of both root... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
15 Replies
.K5LOGIN(5)							File Formats Manual						       .K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
.k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access. DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user "alice" had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FUBAR.ORG This would allow "bob" to use any of the Kerberos network applications, such as telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), and rcp(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that "alice" is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because "bob" retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, "bob@FUBAR.ORG", he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), rcp(1), ksu(1), telnetd(8), klogind(8) .K5LOGIN(5)