Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Migrating from HP UX to LINUX/SOLARIS- which one is more preferable? Post 302521432 by pb0069950 on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 08:09:44 AM
Old 05-11-2011
MySQL Migrating from HP UX to LINUX/SOLARIS- which one is more preferable?

Hi all,

We have an application that is running on HP-UX operating system (11i). the application is built using C, C++, ProC and ProC++ codes.

we have been given two choices for migration: LINUX and SOLARIS.

I would like to know the differences between the three OS and which OS to prefer LINUX or SOLARIS and Why?

thanks in advance,
Pallavi B.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migrating from HP to Solaris

My company is considering migrating from HP unix to Solaris just to get two more years of support for a particular software product. My question is just how much of an effort is it to do this migration? Are you aware of any migration tools to assist us in this migration? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrating Solaris 9 to different hardware

Hi, I am new to this forum and hope someone can help. Does anyone know how to restore a Solaris 9 backup tape from server A to a completely different server B hardware. Both boxes are sun 64bit. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you Jan. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snerta
5 Replies

3. Linux

Migrating from SENDMAIL on SUN SOLARIS to POSTFIX on Linux

Migrating from sendmail on SUN Solaris to POSTFIX on Linux. I have been asked to migrate our sendmail to postfix on Linux and would appreciate and information. Hints and tips on the process involved. Perhaps any links to useful site or documentation that you may know about. Many Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Migrating from Unix to Linux

Is there a way to migrate username password from Freebsd 6.1 to Linux Ubuntu 8.04. I am using the server as a email server running postfix and using imap. Is there a way to transfer the usernames and password. I have transferred all the Maildirs but I am getting uid errors and gid errors even after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
2 Replies

5. Linux

Migrating RCS from HP-UX to Linux

Hello all, We would be migrating from HP-UX 11 to Red Hat Linux 5 shortly. On HP-UX we've been using RCS (Revision Control system). On RHEL I think there is an equivilant utility called Subversion..Is there a way to export the current contents from RCS in HP-UX and import it into Linux's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
UNIPRINT(1)							  LINUX COMMANDS						       UNIPRINT(1)

NAME
uniprint - produce postscript output from unicode text for printing SYNOPSIS
uniprint [ -out output-file ] [ -in input-file ] [ -decode encoding ] [ -printer printer ] [ -L ] [ -media media ] [ -us ] [ -nus ] [ -break ] [ -wrap ] [ -left ] [ -right ] [ -size font-size ] [ -hsize header-font-size ] [ -font truetype-font-file ] DESCRIPTION
uniprint is a program from the yudit distribution. It makes a formatted poscript output that can be saved or directly sent to the printer. The program needs a TrueType font that has unicode table in order to operate. If you are running Linux you most probably have unicode truetype fonts, because there are very few vendors, if any. who give discount if you do not buy Windows. If you are running other Unices it is still possible to get a freely available font. I have made ciberbit.ttf a default font for uniprint, mainly because it is freely downloadable from http://www.bitstream.com/. The postcript output contains all drawing information. No extra fonts are needed, and it can be printed on any postscript printer. You may encounter probkems with old ghostview or old printers. I used this program with ghostscript 5.10 because 2.6.2 gave me stack overflow error. OPTIONS
-out ouput-file Do not sent the output to the printer, put it in the file instead. If the '-' character is specified, send the postscript data to the standard output. -in input-file If specified read the document from a file. Read stdin otherwise. -decode encoding specifies the encoding of the input text. All encodings that are available for uniconv can be used. If not specified encoding is set to utf-8. -printer printer Send the postscript output to printer through the 'lpr -P Printer' command. -break option makes this program print a graphical representation of line breaking characters. -us option turns on uniscribe emulation. For some scripts emulation is turned on by default. -nus option turns off uniscribe emulation. For some scripts emulation is turned off by default. -wrap option makes this program do a simplistic line breaking on word boundaries. -left option sets the embedding of the document to Left. -right option sets the embedding of the document to Right. -L Selects landscape printing. The default is portrait. -media media Sets paper size. The default is A4. The following media values are accepted: A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, Executive, Folio, Ledger, Legal, Letter, Quarto, Statement, Tabloid -size font-size sets the size of the font for the text body in points. -hsize heder-font-size sets the size of the font for the header in points. If zero size is specified, no header is printed. -font truetype-font specifies the font to be used for printing. truetype-font is the full pathname of the font, like /somepath/myfonts/cyberbit.ttf or just the name of the file cyberbit.ttf. The fonts are searched using yudit.fontpath property in ~/.yudit/yudit.properties or /usr/share/yudit/config/yudit.properties. direc- tory where the font files are kept. By default /usr/share/yudit/fonts and ~/.yudit/fonts are searched. This option can be speci- fied multiple times, to create a virtual font. FILES
~/.yudit/yudit.properties or /usr/share/yudit/config/yudit.properties can have yudit.fontpath and yudit.datapath properties. The former is where the font files, the latter is where the map files are kept. By default /usr/share/yudit/fonts is searched. SEE ALSO
uniconv AUTHOR
This program was written by gsinai@iname.com (Gaspar Sinai), using the code of ttf2pfa program that was written by Adrew Weeks. Last Updated Tokyo, 2 November, 2001. LINUX COMMANDS
Nov 25 1997 UNIPRINT(1)