Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing Comma delimiter coming inside the data. Post 302521429 by bartus11 on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 08:07:10 AM
Old 05-11-2011
Try:
Code:
perl -F, -ape 's/(\d, \w+),/\1/ && s/, (\w+, \d+$)/ \1/ if $#F==5' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull Data After Comma if 2 word before comma

Hi, I am trying to truncate word after comma in a file ONLY if there are already 2 words BEFORE comma. If there is one word or 3 or more words BEFORE comma, then I have to leave the data AS IS. See below for example. Input File : John Smith, Manager Smith, John Frank J F K... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk won't accept comma as delimiter

I have a text file delimited by commas, with three fields (no " marks). I want to use awk to create a fourth field which is equal to the line number + field 1 + .txt I've searched this forum and found the following nawk -v OFS=';' '{print $0, FNR}' myFile Which I've amended to change the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help - comma inside double quote in comma separated csv,

Hello there, I have a comma separated csv , and all the text field is wrapped by double quote. Issue is some text field contain comma as well inside double quote. so it is difficult to process. Input in the csv file is , 1,234,"abc,12,gh","GH234TY",34 I need output like below,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the delimiter from Comma to Pipeline

Hello All, I need to convert a csv file to pipeline delimiter file in UNIX. The data in file itself contains comma with double qouted qualifier apart from the comma separator. Let me know how to do it. Appreciate any help if awk can be used to do it. Mentioned below is the sample record of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk facing delimiter inside data

Inpu file is as below: CMEOPT1_dump.1:1002 ZN:VTJ3J3C131 CMEOPT1_dump.1:1002 ZN:VTM4M4P123%5 CMEOPT1_dump.1:1002 ZN:VTM3M3P132%5 CMEOPT1_dump.2:1002 OZNG4 CMEOPT2_dump.3:1002 ZB:VTH4H4C132 CMEOPT2_dump.4:1002 ZN:VTK4K4P123 CMEOPT2_dump.5:1002 ZN:BOZ2Z2Z2P131%5 CMEOPT2_dump.5:1002 OZNG4 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can awk ignore the field delimiter like comma inside a field?

We have a csv file as mentioned below and the requirement is to change the date format in file as mentioned below. Current file (file.csv) ---------------------- empname,date_of_join,dept,date_of_resignation ram,08/09/2015,sales,21/06/2016 "akash,sahu",08/10/2015,IT,21/07/2016 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies
Locale::Language(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Language(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. The ones currently supported are: alpha-2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639, such as 'he' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2". This is the default code set. alpha-3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3". term This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_TERM". ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639 codes. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Language(3perl)