Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail with HTML body and attachment Post 302521421 by palanisvr on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 07:46:10 AM
Old 05-11-2011
Use send mail.......

##this will send three attachments

Code:
SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments"
TO=someone@domain_name
CC=someoneelse_1@domain_name,someoneelse_2@domain_name
(
cat << !
To : ${TO}
Subject : ${SUBJ}
Cc : ${CC}
!

cat << !
HOPE THIS WORKS
This sample E-mail message demonstrates how one can attach
files when sending messages with the Unix sendmail utility.
!

uuencode ${file_1} ${file_1}
uuencode ${file_2} ${file_2}
uuencode ${file_3} ${file_3}
!

) | sendmail -v ${TO} ${CC} 

if still it is not working try this mailx :

(uuencode a.txt a.txt ; echo "this is body text " )| mailx -m -s a@yahoo.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emailing html file as body not attachment

Hi All, I want to send the html file as message body not as an attachment. below is my code.it is printing the html code as it is in the email. your help is needed urgently. VTIER=$ROOTHOME/vtierlist2.txt genhtml=/$ROOTHOME/genhtml.html MAILTO=/$ROOTHOME/maillist SUBJECT="Vtier Usage... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue to attachment with HTML body

HI Team, I used below code to get attachment with HTML body. i having21062013.csv file . but i am getting junk .csv file. Can you please help me out. export MAILTO=rp908@gmail.com.com export SUBJECT="Test Waiver Code email" export BODY=test.html export ATTACH=21062013.csv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment code issues

Hi, I was working on getting an HTML file in the mail body along with attaching a "csv" file to the mail. Below are the 2 parts of the code. I need help with the second part where I'm sending the mail. The HTML file as an attachment is perfect without any issues and with proper formatting.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail cmd for html body and attachment not working

Hi, I am having trouble in sending a mail with html body and attachment (csv file). We don't have uuencode or mutt (not allowed to install as well) The below code is perfectly working for sending the html body alone: export MAILTO=abc@xyz.com export CONTENT="/home/abc/list.html"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies
res_search(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     res_search(3)

NAME
res_search, res_query - Queries domain server and checks response LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.a, libc.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/nameser.h> #include <resolv.h> int res_search ( const char *domain_name, int class, int type, u_char *answer, int answer_len;) The res_query syntax is as follows: int res_query ( const char *domain_name, int class, int type, u_char *answer, int answer_len;) PARAMETERS
Points to the fully-qualified name of the domain. If the domain_name parameter points to a single label and the RES_DEFNAMES bit is set, as it is by default, the function appends domain_name to the current domain name. The current domain name is defined by the name server in use or in the /etc/resolv.conf file. Specifies one of the following parameters: Specifies the ARPA Internet. Specifies the Chaos network at MIT. Requires one of the following values: Host address Authoritative server Mail destination Mail forwarder Canonical name Start of authority zone Mailbox domain name Mail group member Mail rename name NULL resource record Well known service Domain name pointer Host information Mailbox information Mail routing information User (finger) information User ID Group ID Points to a location of the server's reply. Specifies the length of the answer pointed to by the answer parameter. DESCRIPTION
The res_search() and res_query() functions construct a query, send it to the local server, and await a response. In addition, res_search() implements the default and search rules specified by the RES_DEFNAMES and RES_DNSRCH resolver options. The function returns the first suc- cessful reply. The res_search() and res_query() functions part of a set of subroutines that form the resolver, a set of functions that resolve domain names. Global information that is used by the resolver functions is kept in the _res data structure. The /include/resolv.h file contains the _res data structure definition. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the res_search() function returns the size of the answer. If the answer is larger than the value of the answer_len parameter, the function fails and returns a value of -1. ERRORS
If an error occurs during a resolver operation, the h_errno external variable is set. Error code values and reasons are defined in <netdb.h>. FILES
Contains the name server and domain name. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: dn_comp(3), dn_expand(3), dn_find(3), dn_skipname(3), _getlong(3), _getshort(3), putlong(3), putshort(3), res_init(3), res_mkquery(3), res_query(3), res_send(3). delim off res_search(3)