Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX oracle processes with SOCKT in glance command....reason? Post 302521310 by kunwar on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 10:36:47 PM
Old 05-10-2011
oracle processes with SOCKT in glance command....reason?

Hi Friends,

I could see following oracle process in the glance command. i see nothing running in the database although. I tried google it but no success. Another team ,which needs all the processes on the server is complaining. Can someone help me what exactly are these sessions/ how to find out the original place where these are emerging ?
++++++++++++++++++
Code:
oracleDNDTT1       18335 oracle        2.7     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21435 oracle        1.9     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       22836 oracle        1.7     1   0.0   253.6mb  255.3mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21155 oracle        1.5     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       22500 oracle        1.5     1   0.0   254.5mb  258.4mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21934 oracle        0.8     1   0.0   254.5mb  258.4mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       18159 oracle        0.8     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       18307 oracle        0.8     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       23495 oracle        0.8     1   0.0   254.4mb  258.3mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       22084 oracle        0.6     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       18439 oracle        0.6     1   0.0   254.5mb  257.7mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       18150 oracle        0.6     1   0.0   254.7mb  257.9mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21128 oracle        0.4     1   0.0   253.7mb  256.9mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21546 oracle        0.4     1   0.0   254.5mb  258.4mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21347 oracle        0.4     1   0.0   253.7mb  258.4mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       23605 oracle        0.4     1   0.0   253.7mb  258.3mb SOCKT
oracleDNDTT1       21240 oracle        0.2     1   0.0   254.5mb  258.4mb SOCKT

++++++++++++++++++
regds,
Kunwar

Last edited by pludi; 05-11-2011 at 04:10 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I want a command in solaris equivalent to glance in HP-UX

Hi, C an someone help me out in getting the command to get system statistics like CPU, DISK and I/O utilization in a single command instead of mpstat,vmstat and iostat. When i give sar, getting the following error, bash-3.00# sar sar: can't open /var/adm/sa/sa15 No such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
6 Replies

2. SuSE

oracle background processes

I have installed oracle 10g on suse sles9. I do not see oracle background processes. ps -ef|grep ora_ gives me environment variables junk. ps -ef|grep smon does not show anything however database is up and running. Any idea how to tweak that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayasawant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! imapd is spawning multiple processes, all of a sudden, for no reason!

Hi All, I need some assistance, if possible... Our IMAP server has recently (as of 10:30 GMT today) started spawning multiple processes for no reason! This is causing the mail server's load average to increase continually until the whole machine grinds to a halt. Here is a typical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you wait for command substitution processes to complete?

When running a command using the >(cmd) syntax in bash how do you wait for the command to complete before moving on in your script? Here is a simple example: zcat largefile.gz | tee >(wc && echo “HELLO”) > /dev/null # I tried wait, here but it doesn't wait for the process in the subshell.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvwman
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Glance command Usage

Hello We have used Glance command to check Cpu Uage , bit new to Glance command , HP-UXdev # glance B3692A GlancePlus C.03.71.00 18:21:16 nedunix2 9000/800 Current Avg High -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Util S SN NU | 43% 59%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lukas_pise
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Unix command to get all processes running on a port

Hi, Can someone provide me the Linux command to get the list of all processes running on a particular port. Thanks, Sandy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy8765
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

glance adviser suppress newline in print command

Hi, I have a glance adviser, the highlights below. The problem that i have is that every time glance finds process name "abc" it write the memory region data in a new line. My question is if i have a way to print without newline? The output line for process abc looks something like this:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yochaia01
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to show stats of multiple processes

I am looking for a command that will show me the memory, CPU and I/O usage of multiple Process IDs ps v <pid> shows for one process ID is there something similar for multiple Process Ids? ---------- Post updated at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41 PM ---------- No I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajc212
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

What's the reason behind having -n option for mv command?

Sorry for a question that may seem dumb but learning UNIX basics I still can not grasp benefits of using mv -n source file target file I can understand the need for cp -n source file target file when you get a copy with contents untouched but the former baffles me. I know that this about... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
8 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)