Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to parse results from TWO files Post 302521289 by roger67 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 07:46:01 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Thanks yinyuemi and pflynn !! Both solutions work !!

pflynn , Yes you are right, I was doing wrong in defining the array....I thought it will yield me just the col3 value when I compare...but I suppose it was taking whole row and trying to compare...

do you guys explain this part of code , { arr[$1]=$3 } ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Needed to Parse Results

Raw Results: results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|general/udp|10287|Security Note|For your information, here is the traceroute from 192.168.2.24 to 192.168.2.1 : \n192.168.2.24\n192.168.2.1\n\n results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|ssh (22/tcp)|22964|Security Note|An SSH server is running on this port.\n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can awk do lookups to other files and process results

I know that 'brute-force' scripting could accomplish this with lots of cat/echo/cut/grep and more. But, because my real file has 800k records, and the matching files have 10-20k records, this is not time-possible or efficient. I have input file: > cat file_in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script giving unstable results

Hi all Here I came accross a situation which i am unable to reason out... snippet 1 psg ServTest | grep -v "grep" | grep -v "vi" | awk '{ pgm_name=$8 cmd_name="ServTest" gsub(/]*/,"",pgm_name) if(pgm_name==cmd_name) { print "ServTest Present =" cmd_name} }'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Matching columns between 2 files and reordering results

I am trying to match 4 colums (first_name,last_name,dob,ssn) between 2 files and when there is an exact match I need to write out these matches to a new file with a combination of fields from file1 and file2. I've managed to come up with a way to match these 2 files based on the columns (see below)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK failing to parse on certain files

Dear Unix Gurus, need your expertise to help troubleshoot a certain problem i'm having. I crated a shell script which will ftp get 1 crash log from multiple servers (listed in a text file). Each log will then be parsed by calling an awk script. The problem is, for certain log its parsing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarj
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse huge files

Hello All, I have a situation as below: (1) Read a source file (a single file of 1.2 million rows in it ) (2) Read Destination files one by one and replace the content ( few fields in it ) with the corresponding matching field from source file. I tried as below: ( please note I am not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse snmp results

i run the command snmptable -v2c -c public myIP IF-MIB::ifTable the result look like this : SNMP table: IF-MIB::ifTable ifIndex ifDescr ifType ifMtu ifSpeed ifPhysAddress ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus 1 Unit: 1 Slot: 0 Port: 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing 2 files using awk , not getting any results - C shell

I am using c shell and trying to compare 2 files using awk . But the below awk statement doesnt give any result. Pls. advise why am not getting the desired o/p with the corrected awk script. Need to acheive this solution in awk using C shell. awk 'FNR==NR{a++;next} {for(i in a) {if ( a=$0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reach2khan
8 Replies
cs_destroy(3)							      cs/cs.h							     cs_destroy(3)

NAME
cs_destroy - clean up and dealloc a parse tree SYNOPSIS
#include <cs/cs.h> void cs_destroy (CSPARSE **parse); ARGUMENTS
parse - a pointer to a parse structure. DESCRIPTION
cs_destroy will clean up all the memory associated with a CSPARSE structure, including strings passed to cs_parse_string. This does not clean up any memory allocated by your own CSOUTFUNC or the HDF data structure passed to cs_init. It is safe to call this with a NULL pointer, and it will leave parse NULL as well (ie, it can be called more than once on the same var) RETURN VALUE
parse - will be NULL SEE ALSO
cs_dump(3), cs_destroy(3), cs_render(3), cs_register_esc_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parsev(3), cs_register_fileload(3), cs_init(3), cs_regis- ter_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parse(3), cs_parse_string(3), cs_parse_file(3), =(3), cs_register_function ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cs_destroy(3)