Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: queue a signal
Top Forums Programming queue a signal Post 302521189 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 01:00:04 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Read about the POSIX signal interface.

posix signal - Google Search

In general, sending the same signal repeatedly to a server process is not a great idea. You should use IPC (pipes, sockets, message queues, lockfiles, etc.) instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alarm signal

Hi, when I execute a script on unix AIX, I've got an error message: "Execution: 85328 Signal d'alarme". If I edit this file with "vi", I ve got the same error after a while (about 1 minute). If I try with another user I still have the problem. But if I rename this file, no problem. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgsteph
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kill Signal

Hello, I'm doing a project of OS simulation (Process Scheduling, to be very specific). Can anyone, please, explain what exactly happens in the background when we see "Sending all processes the KILL signal...........". How is it sent to each process? Is it that something like a boolean is stored... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameya
3 Replies

3. Programming

Queue

:confused: I have some problem with the technology Queue in Unix Can someone explain me the way queue is made and how it excute ,how it run Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

4. Programming

Signal catching

Hi! I want to catch all signals that my program receives print their name and then execute the default handler. Can you help me on that? I've tried the following code: #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <signal.h> void (*hnd)(int i); char signals = { "SIGHUP",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

6. Programming

RLIMIT_STACK signal's

I'am expecting a signal, but no signal is received when the stack-size reaches 10 bytes. Here in this code i'am setting rlim_cur=10bytes. To be more precise, when it reaches 10 bytes the process must receive a SIGSEGV signal? But i find no signal being received. Am i missing something in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajwalps97
0 Replies

7. Programming

Signal processing

We have written a deamon which have many threads. We are registering for the SIGTERM and trying to close main thread in this signal handling. Actually these are running on Mac OS X ( BSD unix). When we are unloading the deamon with command launchctl, it's sending SIGTERM signal to our process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay4u
1 Replies

8. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Exiting signal 6

Hello all, I have a problem when installing Solaris 10 on Enterprise 450. I booted from dvd, then the installation was started. The error appeared after determining the installation method, F2-Standard, F?-Flash...... The error was Exiting signal 6. Please, need help. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hardono
4 Replies

10. Programming

Signal function

Hello I want to know how can i use signal function in c for keyboard interrupt handling. what i exactly want is : my program is processing and if i press any key while processing , the program should call the interrupt and displays/prints that key and now goes back to processing. I added the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahanzeb
5 Replies
SIGQUEUE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						       SIGQUEUE(2)

NAME
sigqueue -- queue a signal to a process (REALTIME) LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigqueue(pid_t pid, int signo, const union sigval value); int sigqueueinfo(pid_t pid, const siginfo_t *info); DESCRIPTION
The sigqueue() system call causes the signal specified by signo to be sent with the value specified by value to the process specified by pid. If signo is zero (the null signal), error checking is performed but no signal is actually sent. The null signal can be used to check the validity of PID. The conditions required for a process to have permission to queue a signal to another process are the same as for the kill(2) system call. The sigqueue() system call queues a signal to a single process specified by the pid argument. The sigqueue() system call is implemented using sigqueueinfo() and passing the appropriate information in the info argument. The sigqueue() system call returns immediately. If the resources were available to queue the signal, the signal will be queued and sent to the receiving process. If the value of pid causes signo to be generated for the sending process, and if signo is not blocked for the calling thread and if no other thread has signo unblocked or is waiting in a sigwait() system call for signo, either signo or at least the pending, unblocked signal will be delivered to the calling thread before sigqueue() returns. Should any multiple pending signals in the range SIGRTMIN to SIGRTMAX be selected for delivery, it is the lowest numbered one. The selection order between realtime and non-realtime signals, or between multiple pending non- realtime signals, is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sigqueue() system call will fail if: [EAGAIN] No resources are available to queue the signal. The process has already queued {SIGQUEUE_MAX} signals that are still pending at the receiver(s), or a system-wide resource limit has been exceeded. [EEPERM] The process does not have the appropriate privilege to send the signal to the receiving process. [EINVAL] The value of the signo argument is an invalid or unsupported signal number. [ESRCH] The process pid does not exist. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), siginfo(2), sigpending(2), sigsuspend(2), sigtimedwait(2), sigwait(2), sigwaitinfo(2), pause(3), pthread_sigmask(3) STANDARDS
The sigqueue() system call conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2004 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
Support for POSIX realtime signal queue first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
January 9, 2011 BSD