Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How: FTP in shell Script without asking password. Post 302521138 by methyl on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 10:04:04 AM
Old 05-10-2011
Well if i can Google the error...
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...-keyboard.html
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su and password in a Korn shell script

Hi All, In my shell script I want to use su - userid and provide password for this user, but I don't know the syntax to do this, can anyone tell me what it is? I have tried: su - userid/password and su - userid password but no luck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Melissa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting a password for shell script

All, I want to encrypt a database system administration password into a file or environment variable. Then, I want to decrypt the password from the file or environment variable so nobody sees the clear text password. For example, I have the database password of developement. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script with hidden login name and Password

hi, i need a method to hide the login name and password ....during FTP ....in the script.. thnks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set password using a shell script

Hi All How can I set password in linux.It is OK if it display password in plain text in script. manually i can set: #passwd Changing password for root Enter new password: Bad password: too weak. Re-enter new password: Password changed. # I want this to be done by script.Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password in shell script

Hi, I have written a shell script to access the svn server to export source which is password protected and i dont know how to give the password in the script....please anyone guide me how to use password in the shell script.. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbkriz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding password for FTP in a script

Hi, I have a simple script to ftp from unix to a mainframe to get and put files. Currently I have the password setup in a VARS file and dereference the var in my script. Doing it this way allws me to change the password in only one place but it is still viewable for many people. Is there any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cass3
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to change a user password using script

Hi Experts, I had tried to executes this script to change the user password through script: No lines in buffer #!/bin/ksh cat /etc/passwd | grep -v userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp1 cat /etc/passwd | grep userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp2 PASS1=`cat /tmp/pass.tmp2 | cut -d ":" -f2` PASS2=`q2w3e4r5` sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to encrypt a password in shell script

Hi, I have run the below script which is connected to db2 v9.5. There is no issue. The only problem is how to encrypt the dbpwd? #!/bin/ksh #---- Set Environment dbalias="dev1db" dbuser="user1" dbpwd="password" #---- Connect to the Database cd /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/bin db2 "connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP without plaintext user/password in script

hi , i am a still beginner in unix and specially in ftp i've written this script but my admin asked me that he don't want to see in my ftp neither user neither password , so i've created .netrc file where in it i've put machine name , user and pass but still included in my script , so if someone... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
19 Replies
usbkbm(7M)                                                                                                                              usbkbm(7M)

NAME
usbkbm - keyboard STREAMS module for Sun USB Keyboard SYNOPSIS
open("/dev/kbd", O_RDWR) The usbkbm STREAMS module processes byte streams generated by a keyboard attached to a USB port. USB keyboard is a member of Human Interface Device (HID) Class, and usbkbm only supports the keyboard protocol defined in the specification. Definitions for altering key- board translation and reading events from the keyboard are in <sys/kbio.h> and <sys/kbd.h>. The usbkbm STREAMS module adheres to the interfaces exported by kb(7M). Refer to the DESCRIPTION section of kb(7M) for a discussion of the keyboard translation modes and the IOCTL section for the supported ioctl(2) requests. USB Keyboard usbkbm returns different values for the following ioctls than kb(7M): KIOCTYPE This ioctl() returns a new keyboard type defined for the USB keyboard. All types are listed below: KB_SUN3 Sun Type 3 keyboard KB_SUN4 Sun Type 4 keyboard KB_ASCII ASCII terminal masquerading as keyboard KB_PC Type 101 PC keyboard KB_USB USB keyboard The USB keyboard type is KB_USB; usbkbm will return KB_USB in response to the KIOCTYPE ioctl. KIOCLAYOUT The argument is a pointer to an int. The layout code specified by the bCountryCode value returned in the HID descriptor is returned in the int pointed to by the argument. The countrycodes are defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specifications. KIOCCMD KBD_CMD_CLICK/KBD_CMD_NOCLICK The kb(7M) indicates that inappropriate commands for particular keyboards are ignored. Because clicking is not supported on the USB keyboard, usbkbm ignores this command KBD_CMD_SETLED Set keyboard LEDs. Same as kb(7M). KBD_CMD_GETLAYOUT The country codes defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specification are returned. KBD_CMD_BELL/KBD_CMD_NOBELL This command is supported although the USB keyboard does not have a buzzer. The request for the bell is rerouted. KBD_CMD_RESET There is no notion of resetting the keyboard as there is for the type4 keyboard. usbkbm ignores this command and does not return an error. FILES
/kernel/strmod/usbkbm 32-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module ( platform only) /kernel/strmod/sparcv9/usbkbm SPARC 64-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ dumpkeys(1), kbd(1), loadkeys(1), ioctl(2), keytables(4), attributes(5), hid(7D), usba(7D), virtualkm(7D), kb(7M) STREAMS Programming Guide System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGN0STICS None 27 June 2005 usbkbm(7M)