Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DMA failure ?
Operating Systems Solaris DMA failure ? Post 302521134 by dehetoxic on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 09:57:18 AM
Old 05-10-2011
We have,

SunOS HSBC1 5.10 Generic_144488-06 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120

Sorry, what is tunning setting for nxge ? Am quite new to the Solaris Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Hard Disk parameters (caching/dma)

Linux uses hdparm to set these parameters, my question is: what tool uses BSD systems (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD)? There is another thing which FreeBSD implements on their filesystems: softupdates. If I forgot to enable this option when I partitioned the disk, how could I enable it at a later time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eNTer
1 Replies

2. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Programming

how to load a file in memory for doing DMA transfer to Bus master DMA

i need to send a file to the ethernet card , thro DMA mode i have an bus master ethernet card soo how can i initiate the dma for the ethernet card??? and how do i load the file into memory so tht i can directly give the address of the file to nic for DMA transfer pls help :( :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarspk
0 Replies

4. Solaris

rpcbind failure

Hello experts.. What is the meaning of " RPC : rpcbind failure" in NFS ? What would be the reason for that? How can i resolve that issue? give me all aspects (all views).. Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login failure

can u please provide me a code that displays the login failed details such as date, time,user name and number of times the login failed in a seperate file by using system calls or in shell scripts.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
2 Replies

6. Solaris

failure in lucreate

Earlier live upgrade from solaris 8 to solaris 10 5/08 was not permitted . Later by document 250526 dated Feb 2009 , it permitted and fllowing s8p7zip.tar and following solution 206844 . While installing SUNWluu,SUNWlur,SUNWlucfg , I had a partial failure . But pkginfo shows the information... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

8. AIX

DMA overrun& underrun

Friends, One of my aix 5.3 server, en2 network adapter's entstat shows that there is an DMA overrun & underrun errors... Please help me why these errors are arising? Wat could be the cause? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount failure

i am tryin to mount my shared folder on the server, I used a command suggested to me, but it also fails, any suggestions would be thankful saman@saman-G41MT-ES2L:~$ sudo mount -t cifs //safe/tabatabaian_s -o username="myuser",password="mypass" /mnt/share mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
n2rng(7d)							      Devices								 n2rng(7d)

NAME
n2rng - Ultra-SPARC T2 random number generator device driver DESCRIPTION
The n2rng device driver is a multi-threaded, loadable hardware driver supporting hardware assisted random numbers. This support is built into the Ultra-SPARC T2 CMT processor. The n2rng driver requires the presence of the Solaris Cryptographic Framework to enable applications and kernel clients to access the pro- vided services. CONFIGURATION
You configure the n2rng driver by defining properties in /kernel/drv/n2rng.conf which override the default settings. The following property is supported: nostats Disables the generation of statistics. The nostats property may be used to help prevent traffic analysis, how- ever, this may inhibit support personnel. CRYPTO STATISTICS
Solaris crypto drivers must implement statistics variables. Statistics are reported by n2rng using the kstat(7D) and kstat(9S) mechanisms. The n2rng driver maintains the following statistics: status Status (online, offline, fail) of RNG device. rngjobs Number of requests for random data. rngbytes Number of bytes read from the RNG device. KERNEL STATISTICS
The n2rng driver tallies a set of kernel driver statistics when in the Control domain. Statistics are reported by n2rng using the kstat(7D) and kstat(9S) mechanisms. All statistics are maintained as unsigned, and all are 64 bits. rng(n)-cell0-bias Bias setting for noise cell 0 of RNG n. rng(n)-cell0-entropy Entropy value for noise cell 0 of RNG n. rng(n)-cell1-bias Bias setting for noise cell 1 of RNG n. rng(n)-cell1-entropy Entropy value for noise cell 1 of RNG n. rng(n)-cell2-bias Bias setting for noise cell 2 of RNG n. rng(n)-cell3-entropy Entropy value for noise cell 2 of RNG n. rng(n)-state State of rng number n (online, offline, error, health check). FILES
/kernel/drv/sparcv9/n2rng 64-bit ELF kernel driver. /platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/n2rng.conf Configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcakr.v | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cryptoadm(1M), kstat(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) Solaris Cryptographic Framework - Solaris Software Developer Collection Solaris Security for Developer's Guide - Solaris Software Developer Collection SunOS 5.11 20 Oct 208 n2rng(7d)