Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DMA failure ?
Operating Systems Solaris DMA failure ? Post 302521094 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 08:16:08 AM
Old 05-10-2011
are there any tuning settings for the nxge nics? alos, which solaris version do you use?
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Hard Disk parameters (caching/dma)

Linux uses hdparm to set these parameters, my question is: what tool uses BSD systems (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD)? There is another thing which FreeBSD implements on their filesystems: softupdates. If I forgot to enable this option when I partitioned the disk, how could I enable it at a later time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eNTer
1 Replies

2. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Programming

how to load a file in memory for doing DMA transfer to Bus master DMA

i need to send a file to the ethernet card , thro DMA mode i have an bus master ethernet card soo how can i initiate the dma for the ethernet card??? and how do i load the file into memory so tht i can directly give the address of the file to nic for DMA transfer pls help :( :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarspk
0 Replies

4. Solaris

rpcbind failure

Hello experts.. What is the meaning of " RPC : rpcbind failure" in NFS ? What would be the reason for that? How can i resolve that issue? give me all aspects (all views).. Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login failure

can u please provide me a code that displays the login failed details such as date, time,user name and number of times the login failed in a seperate file by using system calls or in shell scripts.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
2 Replies

6. Solaris

failure in lucreate

Earlier live upgrade from solaris 8 to solaris 10 5/08 was not permitted . Later by document 250526 dated Feb 2009 , it permitted and fllowing s8p7zip.tar and following solution 206844 . While installing SUNWluu,SUNWlur,SUNWlucfg , I had a partial failure . But pkginfo shows the information... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

8. AIX

DMA overrun& underrun

Friends, One of my aix 5.3 server, en2 network adapter's entstat shows that there is an DMA overrun & underrun errors... Please help me why these errors are arising? Wat could be the cause? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount failure

i am tryin to mount my shared folder on the server, I used a command suggested to me, but it also fails, any suggestions would be thankful saman@saman-G41MT-ES2L:~$ sudo mount -t cifs //safe/tabatabaian_s -o username="myuser",password="mypass" /mnt/share mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
NXGE(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   NXGE(4)

NAME
nxge -- Neterion Xframe 10GbE Server/Storage adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device nxge Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_nxge_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The nxge driver provides support for Neterion Xframe-I and Xframe-II adapters. The driver supports TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO/LSO), Large Receive Offload (LRO), Jumbo Frames (5 buffer mode), Header Separation (Rx 2 buffer mode), VLAN, and Promiscuous mode. For general information and support, please visit the Neterion support page http://www.neterion.com/support/support.html. Support for Jumbo Frames is provided via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to transmit and receive Jumbo Frames. Xframe adapters support Jumbo Frames up to 9600 bytes. For Jumbo Frames, the driver will try to allocate physically contiguous buffers. Failures to do so may degrade the performance. To resolve such problems, please visit http://www.neterion.com where additional information and a kernel patch can be found. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The nxge driver supports Neterion Xframe 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapters listed in http://www.neterion.com/how/pricing.html. SUPPORT
For troubleshooting tips and FAQs, please visit http://trac.neterion.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/TitleIndex?anonymous. For any issues please send an email to <support@neterion.com>. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The nxge device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The nxge driver was written by Neterion <support@neterion.com>. BSD
October 16, 2007 BSD