Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Append password on script when restarting web instance Post 302520986 by lhareigh890 on Monday 9th of May 2011 11:35:24 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Append password on script when restarting web instance

im writing a start/stop script for a web instance (solaris) .
Currently I usually start it using the command below and it will ask me to put the token password for the web_instance. (token pw: 12345)

Code:
/opt/SUNWwbsvr/https-www.myhost.com/start

I would like to create a script that will execute the above command withougt entering the token pw. The user will have sudo priviledge though. Pls help.

Last edited by vbe; 05-10-2011 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: code tags: You code should be inserted between the code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to append password in /etc/shadow file

Hi, I want to append password into /etc/shadow file using a shell script. My below script does add the users to both /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow but how can I add the hordcoded passwords to /etc/shadow file can some one help me ? # To add the groups into /etc/group file for a_user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modgil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to fingure out what wrong with my tomcat restarting bash script

Hi, I am a nbee to Unix, I have used following script to check my tomcat is running or not and restart if it down. but actually it restart my tomcat each time running even my tomcat still running fine: Script that can run a check and perform an action if the check fails ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quyennd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To append \ in the input password

Hi I have the following issue i am going to ask from the user the password The password can have $ anywhere that is first last or in between but i have to append \ before the $ sign in the password can anyone please help For example o/p in the console will be like the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append instance count to each line

Hello forum, I need help with a script for displaying the number of instances/times a particular line appears in a tab-delimited file and append that number to the end of the line. Example text file: aaa bbb ccc ddd ggg hhh kkk nnn aaa bbb ccc ddd aaa bbb ccc ddd ppp qqq nnn sss ggg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting password prompt for restarting Jboss application

Hi When I do on console a stop, the script prompts for password > stop_idm_suite.sh Suite system password:Here experct of the shell script stop_idm_suite.sh DoIt() { # prompt System password echo "" ${BMC_JAVA_HOME}/java -Didm.suite.home=${BMC_IDM_SUITE_HOME} -classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Web Server Allows Password Auto-Completion

Hi, After running 'nessus' tool to find the Vulnerability in server OS - RHEL 5 we got " Web Server Allows Password Auto-Completion (PCI-DSS variant)" link for description provided by tools - report Nessus Plugins | Tenable Network Security I have checked - Their is only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restarting shell script in case of a failure

I have a shell script which sqoops data from one place to hive and it does in 2 groups list. If one group is completed it waits for the second to get completed then goto to orc load, but it it fails it kills the other groups and sends a fail email. What I was looking for is if 1 group fails, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
1 Replies
asadmin-start-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-start-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-instance, start-instance - starts a server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
start-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--debug=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] instance_name Use the start-instance command to start an instance with the instance name you specify. The start-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To start locally, with a domain name identified, the named instance must already exist within that domain. To start remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --debug starts the instance in debug mode. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be started. Example 1: Using start-instance in local mode asadmin> start-instance --domain domain1 admin-server Instance admin-server started Where: the admin-server instance is started on the local domain1 domain. Example 2: Using start-instance in remote mode asadmin> start-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: the server1 instance is started on the remote domain associated with the specified user, password, host, and port number. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS),.asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-instance(1AS)