Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Is it Possible to Start Tomcat Manager using command prompt! Post 302520847 by anishkumarv on Monday 9th of May 2011 10:59:10 AM
Old 05-09-2011
Is it Possible to Start Tomcat Manager using command prompt!

Hi All,

Code:
wget http://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>/manager/list -O - -q

using this command i can able to stop , start , reload everything i can able to do once i start the tomcat , now i have some doubt legends.

1. Is this is a secure way using wget to start, stop, reload the application.??

2. or is there any options available to start the tomcat manager using terminal ??

Please guide me guys!! to solve this thread. _

With Regards
Anish kumar.V

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start Veritas volume manager

? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I Know if a report manager is running after I start it ?

I hope somebody can help with this one. If I run a command like this /rd/bin/rptmgr to start a report manager up. How could I view this to see if it is running? I can view it thru our bussiness app in GUI But I was wondering if I could check this when I am at the console in UNIX I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Unix script to start remote Tomcat

I have Tomcat installed on a Unix box and I need to start it remotely from another Unix box. Tomcat is started using a script. When this script is run locally everything is fine. When I run the same script from remote box, tomcat starts but the command running the script does not terminate.:( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrgh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for and start the Tomcat using a script

Hello Everyone,. I am a novice with shell scripting and have written some minor shell scripts to copy files and such that. Now I have a requirement to write a shell script to go check if Tomcat running in the same server is up or not, if not then run the Tomcat startup script. Then put this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaire
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Allow multiple users to start/stop tomcat

Hi, I have the user who runs tomcat: tomcat:tomcats I want to have another user who will be able to start and stop tomcat process. Is this possible? Thanks, Bianca (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: potro
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to start tomcat with 2 jdk?

Current platform: Sun OS 5.9 Solaris isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications Problem: Fail to start tomcat server ps -ef | grep tomcat nothing displays... Steps: Installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30 Installed jdk 1.6 and set path in profile... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
11 Replies

7. Ubuntu

start service when get login prompt

Hi Team, I am using DRBL environment on Ubuntu. When my machine starts some times it's not starting lxdm & nslcd service. Because of that i didn't get graphic mode & also not able to authenticate user as nslcd is also stops. I have to login as root and restart these two services, then i am able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Tomcat..Unable to deploy application remotely in tomcat

Hi, We have upgrade tomcat from 5.0.20 to 7.0.33 and made changes to server.xml file according to newer version.. how ever the upgrade went fine and now i am unable to deploy application remotely.. it is giving 403 access denied error.. we have seperate appbase directory mentioned in server.xml..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
0 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_tomcat - Manages a Tomcat servlet environment instance SYNOPSIS
tomcat [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for tomcat. It manages a Tomcat instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
tomcat_name The name of the resource (optional, string, no default) script_log A destination of the log of this script (optional, string, no default) tomcat_stop_timeout Time-out at the time of the stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_suspend_trialcount The re-try number of times awaiting a stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_user A user name to start a resource (optional, string, no default) statusurl URL for state confirmation (optional, string, no default) java_home Home directory of the Java (required, string, no default) catalina_home Home directory of Tomcat (required, string, no default) catalina_pid A PID file name of Tomcat (optional, string, no default) tomcat_start_opts Tomcat start options (optional, string, no default) catalina_opts Catalina options (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotate_log Rotate catalina.out flag (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotatetime Time span of the rotate catalina.out (optional, integer, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a tomcat resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_tomcat ocf:heartbeat:tomcat params java_home=string catalina_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/tomcat_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)