Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH remote control question
Operating Systems Linux SSH remote control question Post 302520719 by pludi on Monday 9th of May 2011 04:05:31 AM
Old 05-09-2011
The way you're starting your script has it wait for any child processes to return before it exits itself. You can circumvent that by running it as
Code:
nohup ./worker.pl 7000 &

Also, if you don't need a TTY attached to your process you can run ssh with the -T option, but that's optional.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Installin Suse 11 - Mouse issue using Remote Control

hi guys I want to exhaust all the possibilities so I'm going to ask this here I am installing a Suse 11 on IBM Blade Center using Remote Control. when using this is impossible to use the mouse I see the mouse but I have no control over it I try to move it but no way it moves to fast s no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
3 Replies

4. Solaris

T3-2 Remote control Problem

Hi Peeps, Wondering if anyone can help me, trying to launch the remote console on a T3-2. When I select use serial redirection it comes up with a dialogue box that says. "The remote console application requires java 5.0. Please Download java from http://www.java.com" "Do you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project