Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identifier issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifier issue Post 302520700 by pyaranoid on Monday 9th of May 2011 02:39:12 AM
Old 05-09-2011
but in the first line it is given as IFS=:
is it fine to remove ":" in the below mention code:

Code:
 read a:fname:b:dte:tme:eqind:norecs:cntr:c:d:e:f < $1

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting is not an identifier error

Hi all, I am getting this error while setting CLASSPTH using a script my script is #!bin/ksh export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:<some path>:<some path> If i do this thing on shell prompt individually it is working fine. but while using in shell script it is giving error. better if you... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swat
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier error

Hi gurus, I am trying to execute a shell script which connects to the oracle db and get the values from a table and then it exports the values on UNIX. For this, I am creating a temp file which stores the values returned from the select query and then executes this file. Below is the code which... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ORACLE_SID= ...: is not an identifier

Hello All, On My solaris 5.10 SPARC, i am always having problems setting my Oracle variables. even if it exists in the .profile file. below is an example $ export ORACLE_SID=test ORACLE_SID=test: is not an identifier even that the echo is returning the variable $ echo $ORACLE_SID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Is not a identifier error

Hi I am trying to execute a script. I have solaris 10, After i login i will toggle to BASH. The script tried to set a variable called CARBON_HOME. Even i tried to set it manually. But still it is saying the following error.:wall: " CARBON_HOME=/usr/wso2/wso2esb-4.0.0: is not an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier in shell

Dear guys I need help here with syntax, I am trying to start script command to capture all user activities every day, I want the log file of each user to be named with his login ID + date time to overcome the possibility of over writing the log file if he logoff and login again. Here is was I wrote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java Identifier

Hello All, Input: long_and_mnemonic_identifier anotherExample i bad_Style Output: longAndMnemonicIdentifier another_example i Error! Can someone help me in writing a script for the above ..Thanks and appreciated your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies
HBA_SendCTPassThru(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		       HBA_SendCTPassThru(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_SendCTPassThru, HBA_SendCTPassThruV2 - end a Fibre Channel Common Transport request to a Fabric SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_STATUS HBA_SendCTPassThru(HBA_HANDLE handle, void *pReqBuffer, HBA_UINT32 ReqBufferSize, void *pRspBuffer, HBA_UINT32 RspBufferSize); HBA_STATUS HBA_SendCTPassThruV2(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, void *pReqBuffer, HBA_UINT32 ReqBufferSize, void *pRspBuffer, HBA_UINT32 *RspBufferSize); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port Name of the local HBA Port through which the caller is issuing the CT request pReqBuffer a pointer to a CT_IU request. The contents of the buffer must be in big-endian byte order ReqBufferSize the length of the CT_IU request buffer pReqBuffer pRspBuffer a pointer to a CT_IU response buffer. The response received from the fabric is copied into this buffer in big-endian byte order. Success of the function need not imply success of the command. The CT_IU Command/Response field should be checked for the Accept Response code. RspBufferSize HBA_SendCTPassThru() the length of the CT_IU accept response buffer pRspBuffer. HBA_SendCTPassThruV2() a Pointer to the length of the CT_IU accept response buffer pRspBuffer. DESCRIPTION
The HBA_SendCTPassThru() and HBA_SendCTPassThruV2() functions provide access to the standard in-band fabric management interface. The pRe- qBuffer argument is interpreted as a CT_IU request, as defined by the T11 specification FC-GS-3, and is routed in the fabric based on the GS_TYPE field. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful transport and receipt of a CT_IU response, HBA_SendCTPassThru() returns HBA_STATUS_OK. The CT_IU payload indicates whether the command was accepted by the fabric based on the Command/Response code returned. Otherwise, an error value is returned from the under- lying VSL and the values in pRspBuffer are undefined. Upon successful transport and receipt of a CT_IU response, HBA_SendCTPassThruV2() returns HBA_STATUS_OK. The CT_IU payload indicates whether the command was accepted by the fabric based on the Command/Response code returned. Otherwise, an error code is returned from the underlying VSL, and the values in pRspBuffer are undefined. The HBA_SendCTPassThruV2() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The value of hbaPortWWN is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ERRORS
See libhbaapi(3LIB) for general error status values. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Data structures for the GIEL command. struct ct_iu_preamble { uint32_t ct_rev : 8, ct_inid : 24; uint32_t ct_fcstype : 8, ct_fcssubtype : 8, ct_options : 8, ct_reserved1 : 8; uint32_t ct_cmdrsp : 16, ct_aiusize : 16; uint32_t ct_reserved2 : 8, ct_reason : 8, ct_expln : 8, ct_vendor : 8; }; struct gs_ms_ic_elem { uchar_t elem_name[8]; uint32_t reserved1 : 24, elem_type : 8; }; struct gs_ms_giel_rsp { struct ct_iu_preamble ct_header; uint32_t num_elems; struct gs_ms_ic_elem elem_list[1]; }; #define MAX_PAYLOAD_LEN 65536 /* 64K */ Example 2: Send an GIEL Management Service command through the given HBA handle. The following example sends an GIEL Management Service command through the given HBA handle. req.ct_rev = 0x01; req.ct_fcstype = 0xFA; /* Management Service */ req.ct_fcssubtype = 0x01; /* Config server */ req.ct_cmdrsp = 0x0101; /* GIEL command */ req.ct_aiusize = MAX_PAYLOAD_LEN / 4 - sizeof (struct ct_iu_preamble) / 4; if ((status = HBA_SendCTPassThru(handle, &req, sizeof (req), rsp, MAX_PAYLOAD_LEN)) != HBA_STATUS_OK) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to issue CT command on " for reason %d0, adaptername, status); } else { giel = (struct gs_ms_giel_rsp *)rsp; if (giel->ct_header.ct_cmdrsp != 0x8002) { fprintf(stderr, "CT command rejected on HBA " " } else { for (cntr = 0; cntr < giel->num_elems; cntr++) { memcpy(&wwn, giel->elem_list[cntr].elem_name, 8); printf(" Fabric element name: %016llx0, wwn); } } } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification BUGS
The HBA_SendCTPassThru() function does not take a portindex to define through which port of a multi-ported HBA to send the command. The behavior on multi-ported HBAs is vendor specific, and can result in the command always being sent on port 0 of the HBA. SNIA version 2 defines HBA_SendCTPassThruV2() which takes a Port WWN as an argument. This fixes the bug with multi-ported HBAs in HBA_SendCTPassThru(). SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_SendCTPassThru(3HBAAPI)