Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding the data before file extension Post 302520629 by rdcwayx on Sunday 8th of May 2011 08:20:46 PM
Old 05-08-2011
Code:
awk '/#prototype/&& $(NF-1)!~/[0-9]/ {$NF="1." $NF}1' FS=. OFS=. infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an extension to a group of filenames

Hi - I'm stuck. I have a group of text files created using the split command. My files have the names "projectaa", "projectab", "projectac", etc. What I want to do is add the extension ".txt" to each file. I think I've got part of a sed command together, but I'm stuck on my regex - I keep getting... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding the data at a specified location in a file....

Hi all, I m new to shell programming..Can anyone please guide me how to insert data at a specified location in the file.. I have a configuration file..I want to add data to it through script..I am able to do it...I get that data written at end of my configuration file..I want data to be placed at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya_flora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file with adding sequence number and extension.

I have a file name -HRCFTSIN05PLA1602100430444444 my requirement is to split the file in 10000 count each file and to add sequence number.rch at the end of each file. output should be in this format HRCFTSIN05PLA160210043044444401.rch HRCFTSIN05PLA160210043044444402.rch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines to files based on file extension

I have posted this before but did not get many replies, so here it goes again. I have several files name like this If the file extension is 1a, I woould like to add at the beggining of the file the following sequence If the file extension is 1b, thn the entry that should be added is the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data in a file on same line

Hi, I have one file a.txt ,the contents of the file is A B C D E F and I have another file b.txt, the contents of the file is 1 2 3 4 5 6 now when I am using this command cat a.txt b.txt > c.txtI am getting the output as A B C D E F 1 2 3 4 5 6 but i need the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding number before file extension

Hi , I have a file which has a line starts with $segment_name and has the below data source data $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.ABC.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.12A3.txtMy target data should be $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file.

Hi.. I'm into a bump after trying to solve this prob.. i've a file with contents like below. <blankline> 'pgmId' : 'UNIX', 'pgmData' : 'textfile', 'author' : 'admin', ....... Now i'm trying to insert a new data after pgmId. so the final output will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Adding a data file

I need to add a data file, but my user account doesn't have privileges. I have connected to the oracle as sqlplus / as sysdba and it is telling me I'm connect to an idle instance. How can I connect to my database and create a data file if I don't know the passwords of any of the account that have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FaSho76
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a comment in a file next to data

Dear Gurus, I have a file which comes every day with set of data, as a part of processing i want to add a comment at the start of every line. e.g of file <PCL> 2E;"HCA";"COP Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 7C;"DD";"Doors Car D";"ODBS_CFG" 3D;"XA";"Auxiliary Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 3E;"XB";"Auxiliary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)