Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH remote control question
Operating Systems Linux SSH remote control question Post 302520618 by mgsolid on Sunday 8th of May 2011 06:29:27 PM
Old 05-08-2011
Data SSH remote control question

I am pretty new to linux so forgive me for asking a basic question :P

I am using SSH to control 40 machines. What i am trying to do is remotely bash a shell script on each machine. I am using a for loop to bash every script, code as follows.

code in host machine runallworkers.sh:
Code:

i=1

for each $ip[] in ip[]   #just for example, i have saved all ips in a array ip[]
do
SSH -i aaa.rsa ubuntu@${ip[]} 'bash /home/ubuntu/program/runworker.sh'
echo "running worker in node $i"
let i++
done

code in each runworker.sh in each worker machine:
Code:
./worker.pl 7000 &
#worker.pl is a socket server program. it takes the parameter 7000 to run. it listens to port 7000

i can manually bash the runworker.sh file in each worker machine. So the worker.pl file should work fine. I can use the for loop to do other stuff on each node, so the loop should work fine too.
But the problem occurs when i run the script in the host machine, it stop responding after the first bashing, so the loop can not go on... the screen shows something like this:

Code:
ubuntu@1.1.1.1:~$ bash runallworkers.sh
running worker in node 1

please someone help me out...
Thanks in advance!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Installin Suse 11 - Mouse issue using Remote Control

hi guys I want to exhaust all the possibilities so I'm going to ask this here I am installing a Suse 11 on IBM Blade Center using Remote Control. when using this is impossible to use the mouse I see the mouse but I have no control over it I try to move it but no way it moves to fast s no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
3 Replies

4. Solaris

T3-2 Remote control Problem

Hi Peeps, Wondering if anyone can help me, trying to launch the remote console on a T3-2. When I select use serial redirection it comes up with a dialogue box that says. "The remote console application requires java 5.0. Please Download java from http://www.java.com" "Do you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)