Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions brand new user!.. Lost on BASH script writing Post 302520518 by Byrang on Saturday 7th of May 2011 10:21:53 PM
Old 05-07-2011
Data

thank you very much, I'm searching the forums for a beginners guide, so I have a cheat sheet for syntax, i.e. when to put [ xyz ] and what (( xyz )) means so I won't have to bug folks too terribly much

---------- Post updated at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:05 PM ----------
Another one I can't decipher..

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for NAME in /etc/*
do
if [ r "$NAME" af "$NAME" ] then
wc c "$NAME"
fi
done

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems writing bash script to unzip files

I'm getting the following errors when I try to write a script to unzip some zip files. When I use the free trial copy of the commerical winzip program, however, they work fine. When I use -l or -t on unzip it indicates no errors. When I use the -o switch interactively from the bash command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash script

Could anyone help me to Write a script in BASH Shell to determine the percentage of system disk space you are using. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a bash script using host

Im trying to write a script using the host command but its not working properly. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. When I use it at the command prompt, it works fine. But its being used actually in the script, it says its not found: 2 SERVFAIL. Can anyone help me? Here's what I have so far: no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: relsha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mkbootfs writing to stdout in bash script

Hi, I need to automate some repacking tasks of a boot image for Android When in command line, I can use this command: mkbootfs /path/to/root > /path/to/ramdisk-recovery.cpio;However, if I try to run the command from a shell script under Ubuntu, it fails and outputs to stdout instead of the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about writing a bash script

Hello, I want to write a bash script to delete the content after '#'. However, if '#' appears in a string with "", ignore this. For example, input file: test #delete "test #not delete" Output file: test "test #not delete" Does anyone know how to write this script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffwang66
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why commands inside bash script lost effectiveness?

Hi, I have a bash script to run many system commands on CentOS machine, but I am puzzled by some commands had no effect on parent environment. For example, I want to refresh the desktop xdg menu when some processes added or deleted items from desktop xdg menu. If I run "killall gnome-panel"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing hive scripts in bash script file

Hi, I wanted to load data from HDFS to HIVE by writing bash script. Description: I have written a bash script to validate the data and loaded validated data from local file system to HDFS. Now in the same bash script i wanted to load the data from HDFS to HIVE. How can i do it ? Also how tyhe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Hbase and pig scripts in the bash script file

Hi, I have a script file where i'm validatig the input file and storing the validated records on HDFS. I wanted to load data from HDFS to HBASE using pig script. So for that i have created a HBASE table and written pig script to load data from HDFS to HBASE which is working fine. Now i wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
0 Replies
std::hash< _Tp >(3cxx)													    std::hash< _Tp >(3cxx)

NAME
std::hash< _Tp > - SYNOPSIS
Inherits std::__hash_base< _Result, _Arg >. Public Types typedef _Arg argument_type typedef _Result result_type Public Member Functions size_t operator() (_Tp __val) const template<> size_t operator() (bool __val) const template<> size_t operator() (char __val) const template<> size_t operator() (signed char __val) const template<> size_t operator() (unsigned char __val) const template<> size_t operator() (wchar_t __val) const template<> size_t operator() (char16_t __val) const template<> size_t operator() (char32_t __val) const template<> size_t operator() (short __val) const template<> size_t operator() (int __val) const template<> size_t operator() (long __val) const template<> size_t operator() (long long __val) const template<> size_t operator() (unsigned short __val) const template<> size_t operator() (unsigned int __val) const template<> size_t operator() (unsigned long __val) const template<> size_t operator() (unsigned long long __val) const template<> size_t operator() (float __val) const template<> size_t operator() (double __val) const template<> size_t operator() (long double __val) const Detailed Description template<typename _Tp>struct std::hash< _Tp > Primary class template hash. Definition at line 58 of file functional_hash.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 std::hash< _Tp >(3cxx)