Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Emergency help with ubuntu
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Emergency help with ubuntu Post 302520485 by mortez28 on Saturday 7th of May 2011 02:31:36 PM
Old 05-07-2011
Emergency help with ubuntu

Hi guys
i have some question about ubuntu(10.10)
1.what time scheduling & page replacement algorithm have been used in ubuntu
2.how to create a process
3.how to kill a process
4.how to send information to a process
5.how to see a process
6.how to increase priority of a process
7.how to decrease priority of a process
excuse me about my english
i need the answers as soon as possible
thanks a lot...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Emergency boot

I need to boot an OpenServer 5.0.5 server but I don't have emergency boot disks for it. There are some boot disks of other servers. Can I use these disks, changing defbootstr ?. How ?. The fact is that administrator can't login as root and it seems to be a corrupted auth system issue. Other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dags
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

emergency shutdown best practices.

Has anyone implemented or have suggestions on how to shutdown many remote unix/linux servers from a single script initiated from 1 server? I need this to execute in parallel as time is not on my side. Our ups is sadly underrated and will die in approximately 15 minutes. (There is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsw371
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Emergency help with script!

I'm trying to write a script to push out to all our servers some Veritas add-ons. I want the script to push to all servers and if there server hardware matches the uname -i statement, it will install a additional add-on.. The script keeps giving me a error on line 29. Here is the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emergency !! Need to fix this error!

Pls help me with the below script. Its returning an error No such file or Directory. #!/bin/ksh cd /enip/enipapp/cbp/AOC2511201 for file in `cat filename.txt | head -1 | tr -d '\r'` do for i in `cat '$file' | tr -d '\r'` do echo "-----script start `date`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Emergency !!!Help Please--- NFS

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following commands mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justin John
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX emergency

can anyone please tell me that how can i boot unix from a cd? full procedure. it's an emergency. reply asap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niket agarwal
1 Replies

7. Fedora

Bash in Emergency Mode

I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but if I use a command in Fedora 23 emergency mode, and that command doesn't exist, I don't come back to the command prompt, but enter what appears to be a text mode. How do I get back to the command line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangorme
2 Replies
RENICE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 RENICE(8)

NAME
renice - alter priority of running processes SYNOPSIS
renice priority [ [ -p ] pid ... ] [ [ -g ] pgrp ... ] [ [ -u ] user ... ] DESCRIPTION
Renice alters the scheduling priority of one or more running processes. The who parameters are interpreted as process ID's, process group ID's, or user names. Renice'ing a process group causes all processes in the process group to have their scheduling priority altered. Renice'ing a user causes all processes owned by the user to have their scheduling priority altered. By default, the processes to be affected are specified by their process ID's. To force who parameters to be interpreted as process group ID's, a -g may be specified. To force the who parameters to be interpreted as user names, a -u may be given. Supplying -p will reset who interpretation to be (the default) process ID's. For example, renice +1 987 -u daemon root -p 32 would change the priority of process ID's 987 and 32, and all processes owned by users daemon and root. Users other than the super-user may only alter the priority of processes they own, and can only monotonically increase their ``nice value'' within the range 0 to PRIO_MAX (20). (This prevents overriding administrative fiats.) The super-user may alter the priority of any process and set the priority to any value in the range PRIO_MIN (-20) to PRIO_MAX. Useful priorities are: 20 (the affected processes will run only when nothing else in the system wants to), 0 (the ``base'' scheduling priority), anything negative (to make things go very fast). FILES
/etc/passwd to map user names to user ID's SEE ALSO
getpriority(2), setpriority(2) BUGS
Non super-users can not increase scheduling priorities of their own processes, even if they were the ones that decreased the priorities in the first place. 4th Berkeley Distribution November 17, 1996 RENICE(8)