Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Plotting a graph using Perl Post 302520459 by fpmurphy on Saturday 7th of May 2011 10:22:34 AM
Old 05-07-2011
There are lots of charting/graphing modules for Perl. A popular module is GD::Graph

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Plotting

I need to plot some files with the extension .plot, which I believe is a UNIX Plot(5) extension. Is UNIX Plot(5) something that I must download, or is it already built into UNIX? If it is already built in, is there a trick to actually plotting the files? Is there anything online that I could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evenkolder
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated plotting

Hi, I would like to make a lot of plots with for instance xmgrace and don't know how. I have a directory with about 500 data files with the same structure and I want to plot always the same columns. I don't know how to call xmgrace to produce a, say, gif plot of the columns 3 and 4 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
2 Replies

3. Programming

Perl GD::Graph and outputting to a graphics file

To successfully export a perl GD::Graph object to a graphics file (e.g. a .png file), do you do the following ? # Set graph data $graph->set(....); $graph->plot(\@graph_data); open(IMG,'>file.png') or die $!; binmode IMG; print IMG $graph->png; close IMG; Reason Im asking is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plotting Data within UNIX

I have a set of data that looks similar to the following in UNIX: 0.12_0.008_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.08056640625 0.12_0.04_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.07470703125 0.12_0.12_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.06298828125 0.12_0.24_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.05126953125 Previously I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EDALBNUG
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

plotting a straight horizontal line

How can I plot a straight horizontal line using perl in unix solaris environment? Please suggest. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with extracting data and plotting

I have attached a txt file, what I would like to be able to do is: 1. Extract Data from Columns labeled E/N and Ko into a new file 2. Then in the new file I would like to be able to plot E/N on the X axis and Ko on the y axis. 3. Lastly I would like to be able to extract multiple data sets and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl with Excel Graph

Hi Everyone, Would like to know some hints where should I look for, if I want to do the perl with excel graph staff, i read some people say can use GD:Graph, would please give me some guide on where should I search for, which keyword should I put into google to search. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plotting boxes in gnuplot

When I plot a set of data in gnuplot from a file like: 1 5 2 3 4 6 5 1 using plot "file.txt" w boxes I would expect that at the x value of 3 it will go to a value of 0 for y... but it doesn't. Is there a way to fix that, or do I actually have to type by hand an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

9. Slackware

Grace and plotting

I am making mathematical graphics in grace, all is working, but my curves are not totally smooth,..i have equal problem in gnuplot,... can i do anything??:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
4 Replies
CGI
::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInliUserpContributed Perl DocumCGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline(3pm) NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline - Inlined GD Graph output for CAP:DBIProfile. SYNOPSIS
# in httpd.conf SetVar CAP_DBIPROFILE_GRAPHMODULE CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline PerlSetVar CAP_DBIPROFILE_GRAPHMODULE CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline DESCRIPTION
This module provides a GD::Graph::bars inlined graphing option for CAP:DBIProfile. Please note, inlined images are NOT supported by MSIE as of version 7. Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Konqueror are supported. The following settings control the output: $CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline::FORMAT Output format. Defaults to "png". One of "png", "gif", or "jpeg". Any GD supported output format can be easily added. $CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline::WIDTH Width of output image. If you have problems with browser support for large inline images, reduce this. $CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline::HEIGHT Height of output image. If you have problems with browser support for large inline images, reduce this. BUGS
Microsoft Internet Explorer, as of versions 6 and 7, lacks support for the "data: URI scheme", and thus lacks support for inline images. Inline images max size is limited to the browsers max URI length. For example, on Opera, this used to be 4kb. If you hit this limit, you can change the size of the output to try to compensate. REQUIREMENTS
GD::Graph MIME::Base64 SEE ALSO
CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::HTML AUTHOR
Joshua I Miller, L<unrtst@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007 Joshua Miller, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-10 CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile::Graph::GDGraphInline(3pm)