Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Validating XML against XSD
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating XML against XSD Post 302520411 by balesh on Saturday 7th of May 2011 01:49:49 AM
Old 05-07-2011
Tnx for the idea....

I wonder how xmllint utility works, do i need to install it or jus use its commands to validate the xml... Since im using client system, i cant install anything in it Smilie ... Is there anyother way by which i can do the validation??

Please help me in this...!!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX

Hi, I have a xml file and a xsd file(xml schema file). Here using unix script i wanted to validate the xml file by referring to xsd file. The validation is in terms of Datatype,Field length and null values. If the data present in the xml file is not matching in terms of datatype,field length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3 Replies
mono-xmltool(Mono 1.0)													    mono-xmltool(Mono 1.0)

NAME
mono-xmltool - Mono XML validation and transformation tool. SYNOPSIS
mono-xmltool --validate [*.rng | *.rnc | *.nvdl | *.xsd] [instances] mono-xmltool --validate-rng relax-ng-grammar-xml [instances] mono-xmltool --validate-rnc relax-ng-compact-grammar-file [instances] mono-xmltool --validate-nvdl nvdl-script-xml [instances] mono-xmltool --validate-xsd xml-schema [instances] mono-xmltool --transform stylesheet instance-xml mono-xmltool --prettyprint [source [result]] DESCRIPTION
mono-xmltool is a command line front end for various functions available in the Mono XML class libraries. It currently it offers validation with various different kinds of schemas, xslt transformations and pretty printing. XML VALIDATION
mono-xmltool can validate a given set of XML files (the instances parameter) using the given schema file. Currently supported schema files include Relax NG (*.rng), Compact Relax NG (*.rnc), Namespace-based Validation Dispatching Language (*.nvdl) and XML Schema (*.xsd). If invoked with the --validate argument, Mono will use the filename extension to guess the kind of validation required. The --validate-xxx flags would force a specific kind of validation. The following lists the flags and the actual class that implements them in Mono: --validate-rng Commons.Xml.Relaxng.RelaxNgPattern as the schema, and Commons.Xml.Relaxng.RelaxngValidatingReader validator. --validate-rnc Commons.Xml.Relaxng.RncParser as the schema, and Commons.Xml.Relaxng.RelaxngValidatingReader validator. --validate-nvdl Commons.Xml.Nvdl as the schema and Commons.Xml.NvdlValidatingReader validator. --validate-xsd System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema as the schema and uses System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader as the validator. TRANSFORMATIONS
This does an XSLT transformation. The stylesheet must be an XSLT file, the instance-xml is the document to be processed. Output it sent to the standard output. PRETTY PRINTING
Produces a pretty-print rendering of the source file. If it is not specified it reads the standard input. If result is not specified, the output is sent to the standard output. MAILING LISTS
Mailing lists are listed at the http://www.mono-project.com/Mailing_Lists WEB SITE
http://www.mono-project.com SEE ALSO
mono(1),mcs(1). mono-xmltool(Mono 1.0)