Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Validating XML against XSD
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating XML against XSD Post 302520299 by fpmurphy on Friday 6th of May 2011 10:59:32 AM
Old 05-06-2011
You can validate an XML document against XSD, RelaxNG, Schematron or a DTD using the xmllint utility.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX

Hi, I have a xml file and a xsd file(xml schema file). Here using unix script i wanted to validate the xml file by referring to xsd file. The validation is in terms of Datatype,Field length and null values. If the data present in the xml file is not matching in terms of datatype,field length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3 Replies
XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::RelaxNG - RelaxNG Schema Validation SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_file($url); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( location => $filename_or_url ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( string => $xmlschemastring ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( DOM => $doc ); eval { $rngschema->validate( $doc ); }; DESCRIPTION
The XML::LibXML::RelaxNG class is a tiny frontend to libxml2's RelaxNG implementation. Currently it supports only schema parsing and document validation. METHODS
new $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( location => $filename_or_url ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( string => $xmlschemastring ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( DOM => $doc ); The constructor of XML::LibXML::RelaxNG may get called with either one of three parameters. The parameter tells the class from which source it should generate a validation schema. It is important, that each schema only have a single source. The location parameter allows to parse a schema from the filesystem or a URL. The string parameter will parse the schema from the given XML string. The DOM parameter allows to parse the schema from a pre-parsed XML::LibXML::Document. Note that the constructor will die() if the schema does not meed the constraints of the RelaxNG specification. validate eval { $rngschema->validate( $doc ); }; This function allows to validate a (parsed) document against the given RelaxNG schema. The argument of this function should be a XML::LibXML::Document object. If this function succeeds, it will return 0, otherwise it will die() and report the errors found. Because of this validate() should be always evaluated. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
1.70 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-07 XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3)