Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Delayed log in / Slow log in HP -Solaris 10 Post 302520290 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 6th of May 2011 10:20:37 AM
Old 05-06-2011
login how? ssh? local login?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris running very slow!!

Hi all, Solaris is working very slow as login to solaris takes time say after 10 to 15 mins we get the login prompt back after logging in as oracle account/other account. This causes most Batch run delays(DWHouse jobs) scheduled through cronjobs. Where should one look for such issues to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Slow Queries Log: Lock_time

In MySQL's slow queries log, it'll have an entry like this: # User@Host: scc_service @ # Query_time: 43 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 0 SET timestamp=1237769209; UPDATE loan SET funding_status="scheduled",datetime_approved=now() WHERE loan_id = '00000'; What does Lock_time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zefflyn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of log parsing shell script very slow

Hello, I am an absolute newbie and whatever I've written in the shell script (below) has all been built with generous help from googling the net and this forum. Please forgive any schoolboy mistakes. Now to the qn, my input file looks like this - 2009:04:03 08:21:41:513,INFO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sowmitr
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail too slow on solaris

Hi, I am using /usr/ucb/mail for mailing thru script. But mail reaches after 30-40 mins. What can be the reason and also how to check status and related info (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Enabling Solaris Audit log: Solaris 9

Dear All, I have one of my Servers, running Solaris 9. I wanna enable the Audit log enabling, the way I did in Solaris 10 Servers. After running, the bsmconv script, giving the reboots, modifying all the audit files in /etc/security, the audit is enabled, but the audit file which shall be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet1806
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output

SOLARIS 9 Zone : date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Hi folks, the date command shows the correct date and time, How ever, if the date command executed through crontab in any form of scrip the output shows as one hour delayed, similar to date -u.. Can some one help in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 10 processes slow

Hi Guys I have a Solaris 10 server running Oracle database most of the sessions are slow when forking resource/processes on the O/S. How can I resolve this issue or how do I see the time it takes to fork a process from the O/S? Thanks Pleasse help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Slow ssh on Solaris 10 zone

ssh is slow on solaris zone , and is getting stuck at the following place. debug2: callback done debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768 debug3: Wrote 664 bytes for a total of 3325 Below is the ssh version being used: Sun_SSH_1.1.6, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
10 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)