Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intel Rack Mount Systems
Operating Systems SCO Intel Rack Mount Systems Post 302520281 by jgt on Friday 6th of May 2011 09:59:08 AM
Old 05-06-2011
Intel Rack Mount Systems

I wanted to install SCO Openserver 6.0.0 on this system Intel Server System SR2625UR - Overview

The problem was that the installation routine requested input from the keyboard before loading the USB keyboard driver.

I resolved the issue by:
Building a simple desktop system with an IDE controller, 2gb of memory, a standard PS2 keyboard and mouse, and a PCI Express slot.
I installed the LSI RAID controller(LSI00178) in the PCI Express slot along with four 256gb SSD disks and a standard IDE cd-rom, as primary master.

I booted from the SCO boot disk (second cut) and loaded the megasas driver from the SCO maintenance pack 4 device driver cd.
When the installation was complete, I rebooted the system and installed maintenance pack 4, and most importantly installed OSS714 which is a fix for a USB 2.0 problem with systems having more that 4gb of memory, and the network driver package (nd) on the MP4 driver cd.

Finally I installed the RAID controller, and the SSD's into the SR2525UR chassis.

The onboard ethernet chip is not supported, so I substituted an Intel PRO1000MT.
All of the cd's used are available from SCO's web site.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to assign same mount point for file systems mounted on physical disks

We have 6 hard disks attached to the hardware. Of this 2 hard disks are of 9 GB each. Now I want combine both the same in such a way that i see a combined entry in the output of df -k . The steps I follow are 1. Create partition on hard disks (Using format partition) 2. Run newfs -v for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Hiii Everybody - rack ur brains n m/c's now..

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies
IIR(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     IIR(4)

NAME
iir -- Intel Integrated RAID controller and ICP Vortex driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device iir Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): iir_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iir driver claims to interface with the Intel integrated RAID controller cards, and all versions of the ICP Vortex controllers (including FC). HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the iir driver include: o Intel RAID Controller SRCMR o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-l (SRCU31a) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-1L (SRCU31La) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-2 (SRCU32) o All past and future releases of Intel and ICP RAID Controllers. o Intel RAID Controller SRCU21 (discontinued) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31 (older revision, not compatible) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31L (older revision, not compatible) The SRCU31 and SRCU31L can be updated via a firmware update available from Intel. SEE ALSO
cam(4), pass(4), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) AUTHORS
The iir driver is supported and maintained by Achim Leubner <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> and is based on information supplied by the driver authors and the website of Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>. BSD August 8, 2004 BSD