Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows. Post 302520147 by vanitham on Friday 6th of May 2011 01:45:20 AM
Old 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Do you need a proxy to get to the internet: How to USE PPM (1st Response) - Toolbox for IT Groups
Hi,

I just checked setting proxy and i am still getting the same error.
Code:
Installing package 'Devel-Profile'...
Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for packag
e Devel-Profile

Regards
Vanitha

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change "set" values in perl, windows...

i am using perl in win2000advanced server... --------------------------- perl -version: --------------------------- This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall Binary build 638 provided by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unable to install Perl module via CPAN

Hi, I am trying to install Unicode::String from the cpan shell, and here is what I get: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychomachine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: errors during "install Net::SSLeay"

Hi, Here is the errors: Any help will be greatly appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error"

Hi, I am trying to get an HPz420 workstation instaled (zfs root pool) via a jump-start server. I have a zfs image (from this workstation) the Solaris release is 10 1/13 update 11. I use a sparc U25 install server, upgraded to the same solaris build 10 1/13. This server is configured to install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc0rpie
8 Replies
Devel::SelfStubber(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Devel::SelfStubber(3pm)

NAME
Devel::SelfStubber - generate stubs for a SelfLoading module SYNOPSIS
To generate just the stubs: use Devel::SelfStubber; Devel::SelfStubber->stub('MODULENAME','MY_LIB_DIR'); or to generate the whole module with stubs inserted correctly use Devel::SelfStubber; $Devel::SelfStubber::JUST_STUBS=0; Devel::SelfStubber->stub('MODULENAME','MY_LIB_DIR'); MODULENAME is the Perl module name, e.g. Devel::SelfStubber, NOT 'Devel/SelfStubber' or 'Devel/SelfStubber.pm'. MY_LIB_DIR defaults to '.' if not present. DESCRIPTION
Devel::SelfStubber prints the stubs you need to put in the module before the __DATA__ token (or you can get it to print the entire module with stubs correctly placed). The stubs ensure that if a method is called, it will get loaded. They are needed specifically for inherited autoloaded methods. This is best explained using the following example: Assume four classes, A,B,C & D. A is the root class, B is a subclass of A, C is a subclass of B, and D is another subclass of A. A / B D / C If D calls an autoloaded method 'foo' which is defined in class A, then the method is loaded into class A, then executed. If C then calls method 'foo', and that method was reimplemented in class B, but set to be autoloaded, then the lookup mechanism never gets to the AUTOLOAD mechanism in B because it first finds the method already loaded in A, and so erroneously uses that. If the method foo had been stubbed in B, then the lookup mechanism would have found the stub, and correctly loaded and used the sub from B. So, for classes and subclasses to have inheritance correctly work with autoloading, you need to ensure stubs are loaded. The SelfLoader can load stubs automatically at module initialization with the statement 'SelfLoader->load_stubs()';, but you may wish to avoid having the stub loading overhead associated with your initialization (though note that the SelfLoader::load_stubs method will be called sooner or later - at latest when the first sub is being autoloaded). In this case, you can put the sub stubs before the __DATA__ token. This can be done manually, but this module allows automatic generation of the stubs. By default it just prints the stubs, but you can set the global $Devel::SelfStubber::JUST_STUBS to 0 and it will print out the entire module with the stubs positioned correctly. At the very least, this is useful to see what the SelfLoader thinks are stubs - in order to ensure future versions of the SelfStubber remain in step with the SelfLoader, the SelfStubber actually uses the SelfLoader to determine which stubs are needed. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Devel::SelfStubber(3pm)