Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development What are web design programming steps starting with HTML? Post 302520145 by Anna Hussie on Friday 6th of May 2011 12:46:42 AM
Old 05-06-2011
What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of web site programing from star to almost finish?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Web Development, Web 2.0 and Mashups

I think we are missing an important forum on Web Development, including Web 2.0 and Mashups. Well, here is another poll ..... I vote yes :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

3. Web Development

How much should you charge for web design & programming?

Need some idea of what I should charge, per hour or per project, for a 3-4 page site that I design & program (HTML, CSS, & PHP). No databases involved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

4. Web Development

What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?

I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start? Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp. I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

5. Web Development

[Web Design] Slideshow Layering

I designed a website with a slideshow (slideshow created with WOW Slider). The slideshow always appears as being on the top layer, and I don't want it that way. You'll notice I have a fixed menu which always stays at the top of the page. When you scroll down the page the slideshow appears to be on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnawanda
1 Replies
BB-FINDHOST.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						BB-FINDHOST.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-findhost.cgi - Xymon CGI script to find hosts SYNOPSIS
bb-findhost.cgi?host=REGEX DESCRIPTION
bb-findhost.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-findhost.sh CGI wrapper. bb-findhost.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the "host=REGEX" parameter. The REGEX is a Posix regular expression (see regex(7) ) describing the hostnames to look for. A trailing wildcard is assumed on all hostnames - e.g. requesting the hostname "www" will match any host whose name begins with "www". It then produces a single web page, listing all of the hosts that matched any of the hostnames, with links to the Xymon webpages where they are located. The output page lists hosts in the order they appear in the bb-hosts(5) file. A sample web page implementing the search facility is included with bbgen, you access it via the URL /bb/help/bb-findhost.html. OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI. FILES
$BBHOME/web/findhost_header HTML header file for the generated web page $BBHOME/web/findhost_footer HTML footer file for the generated web page $BBHOME/web/findhost_form Query form displayed when bb-findhost.cgi is called with no parameters. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHOSTS bb-findhost.cgi uses the BBHOSTS environment variable to find the bb-hosts file listing all known hosts and their page locations. BBHOME Used to locate the template files for the generated web pages. SEE ALSO
bbgen(1), bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-FINDHOST.CGI(1)