Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Why older administrators prefer sendmail ? Post 302520105 by Neo on Thursday 5th of May 2011 08:33:55 PM
Old 05-05-2011
I have worked for some of the world's largest organizations and most all of them use MS Exchange, primarily for the calendering and scheduling function, which they consider essential to their business operations. This demonstrates that the choice of technology is mostly user-driven, not system admin-driven, in larger organizations; and I disagree with most of what others said against Microsoft and the harsh words against MS and name calling against MS Exchange as a product, and I gently reminding all about our forum rules, which have been in place for a long time, which I will attach in another post.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Administrators Schooling

Hi, I was wondering how everyone has gotten good their training in unix. Did anyone specialize in college/university or take a course at a computer institute. At my college you can't really sepcialize in unix, there is only 2 courses. The first unix course is all about shell programming and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astudent
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Question to Forum Administrators ?

How can i track all my previous, current posts at one single place. How to do that ? Thanks in Advance !!1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why most of the people prefer linux nowadays y not solaris?

Hi, Anyone plz explain me, Now most of the people prefering linux over solaris. what are the main advantages in linux over solaris. Thanks muthulingaraja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
3 Replies

4. AIX

Create Administrators

I think I've done all that is necessary to configure an account to administer a non-administrative group, but it doesn't work. One thing is strang is that when I log in as root, the group attributes in SMIT are like this: Group NAME Group ID ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurin1
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Do you prefer Quickbooks, Microsoft or another small business accounting software?

I am starting a small business. I need software to invoice and track payments, track income and expense and basically keep everything organized for tax time. I've read positive and negative on all small business accounting software, so now I'm really confused. Oh, my business is a service one, so I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunybck
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

How do you prefer to read books?

Time for a new poll. Just wondering how members in this forum prefer to read books. Paper E-reader Tablet Laptop/Desktop Smartphone Audiobook Not much of a reader Other A poll is added. If you select option: Other, please specify what it is. :b: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
14 Replies
EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)					     OpenChange Users' Manual						  EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)

NAME
exchange2mbox - Convert Exchange mailbox to mbox file SYNOPSIS
exchange2mbox [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database PATH] [-p|--profile PROFILE] [-P|--password PASSWORD] [-m|--mbox FILENAME] [-u|--update] [-d|--debuglevel LEVEL] [--dump-data] DESCRIPTION
exchange2mbox provides a way to synchronize an Exchange mailbox with a mbox file. The tool is developed so it only retrieves mails not already stored in the message ID index database and reflects changes back to the Exchange server if the local message copy are deleted. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, exchange2mbox try to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, exchange2mbox returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Set the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --mbox -m Set the mbox file full path --update -u Synchronize the local mbox file with the remote Exchange server mailbox. --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel LEVEL -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Create/Update the mbox file and indexes within the profile database: exchange2mbox Update the Exchange mailbox and indexes according to the changes made to the mbox file. exchange2mbox -u REMARKS
If no mbox file is specified, one will be automatically created in $(HOME)/.openchange/mbox . If you are using the default profile data- base path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange 2.0 QUADRANT 2013-01-24 EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)