Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Collecting job id from qsub command Post 302520013 by DGPickett on Thursday 5th of May 2011 03:29:06 PM
Old 05-05-2011
You want to run a bunch and then just wait for them to finish? I would just use shell
Code:
( job1 & job2 & job3 & wait ; job4 )

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub and Matlab

I am trying to run a Matlab function, file.m, with qsub. Here is a portion of my .sge file: echo Starting to run Matlab matlab -nojvm -nodesktop -r "file('${inputfile}');exit;" echo finished running Matlab The last two lines of the Matlab function are: disp('finished'); exit So my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laether
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub

Hey all, I have a binary file, named "exe1" that receives a parameter. (I don't have its source code). Executing "exe1" results in creating 3 output files. I have a bash script that runs "exe1". I want to enter "exe1" to cluster queue (using subq command) But i want to do it more than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elad2109
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set the SGE job execution order for nested qsub?

Dear All I am trying to write a script to set the SGE job execution order. I named each job with 'job1', 'job2' and 'job3'. I want my script to do: When 'job1' execution is complete, 'job2' is executed; when both 'job1' and 'job2' are complete, 'job3' is executed. First, I tried this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub in a bash script?

I was just wondering if it is permissible to qsub from a bash script as follows: #! /bin/sh echo "altering .txt in dir $DIR with retokenize.py" for f in $DIR/txt/*.txt; do echo $f; /l2/nlp/i2b2/retokenize.py < $f > ${f//.txt/.tok}; done echo "altering .tok in dir $DIR with awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcgb20
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qsub and printf

Hello, I have some issue with qsub and the standard output : I launch a script that "echoes" the string "abc" and then executes a C program in which I print informations with the printf function ; the .o file contains "abc" but not the information displayed by printf. I also tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaderw
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub equivalent of bsub command

"bsub -o /dev/null -P something -q normal -a optimize -n 1 -R \"rusage\ span\\" -J GUISETUP_${PID} \"dc_shell-t -f .dc_script_$job_index.tcl -output_log_file .dc_shell_$job_index.log \"" Can anybody please tell me the qsub equivalent for this command? ---------- Post updated at 06:48 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaudhary3031
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Collecting logs by running command

Hi, i am a general user of linux but we work mostly on windows next i am moving full time on linux. here is my question: We have product which consist or several subsystem each subsystem has one module to create logs file dump. and i am going to write that support dump tool. we need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Qsub + job array + while read; do; done

Linux Server Hi! just some help... I'm using a "Sun Grid Engine" with "qsub" In one hand I have this code while read -r H; do echo ${H}; done < list The number of the lines in the list file is 100. On the other hand I want to create a job array with the option -t echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
3 Replies
qmsg(1B)								PBS								  qmsg(1B)

NAME
qmsg - send message to pbs batch jobs SYNOPSIS
qmsg [-E] [-O] message_string job_identifier ... DESCRIPTION
To send a message to a job is to write a message string into one or more output files of the job. Typically this is done to leave an informative message in the output of the job. The qmsg command writes messages into the files of jobs by sending a Message Job batch request to the batch server that owns the job. The qmsg command does not directly write the message into the files of the job. OPTIONS
-E Specifies that the message is written to the standard error of each job. -O Specifies that the message is written to the standard output of each job. If neither the -E nor the -O option is specified, the message will be written to the standard error of the job. OPERANDS
The first operand, message_string, is the message to be written. If the string contains blanks, the string must be quoted. If the final character of the string is not a newline, a newline character will be added when written to the job's file. All following operands are job_identifiers which specify the jobs to receive the message string. The qmsg command accepts one or more job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] STANDARD ERROR
The qmsg command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qmsg command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qmsg command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B), pbs_msgjob(3B) Local qmsg(1B)